Potty Training
Options

refuses to sit on the potty

DS just turned 3 and is still in diapers.  We were having him sit on the potty and he would often pee.  We would give him an m&m for sitting and 2 if he peed.  I was ready for the next step where we were going to get rid of diapers all together.  Now when I ask him to sit on the potty, he completely refuses and runs away and screams.  Does this mean he isn't ready?  We have tried changing the rewards to reese's pieces then to fruit snacks, etc.  It helped for a few days but then he went back to refusing.  Do I push it more?  I was told not to push it or it would become a bigger issue.  What should I do?  

Re: refuses to sit on the potty

• Options
    I answered this on a different board but don't push it. Trust me. I tried with my son and it did nothing except delay potty training. One day he woke up (at 3.5 years old) and decided he was done with diapers. For real. Just be patient with him.
  • Options
    Don't push. Just follow his lead. If you push it will take a lot longer and lead to some regressions. When he is interested or asks, put him on the potty. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm keeping my son in the rooms without carpet. He is either bare bottomed or in underwear at home, and I clean up messes. I wrangle him into a diaper at bedtime or if we are going out.

I'm getting him to poop on the potty, but not pee.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers