Pregnant after IF

IUI Question

hi ladies! Congratulations on you pregnancy! Don't know if I'm allowed to post here because I'm still trying to get pregnant. I was wondering if anyone had success with IUI. I am slso taking 100 mg of clomid and will got a HCG shot. On day 14.
Hope you are all feeling well!

Re: IUI Question

• Hi to you. Hope this cycle will Be it for you. I did IUI 3 times and got pregnant twice. The fisrt IUI we got pregnant, unfortunately I miscarried. Second one did not work. But the third one worked again. This time we are 13 weeks. Hope this help. But for sure IUI worked for us. Good luck to you.
  • I had two IUIs that did not work but my husband has male IF (low motility, numbers, and morphology despite supplements, diet changes, ect.).
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had 3 IUI's and luckily for me, it has worked 3 times. Right now I'm 5 weeks with my third. It's a frustrating process,but it can work. God luck!
  • I had 3 IUIs, none worked. All 3 were Clomid + trigger shot. Finally moved to injectables and trigger shot, no IUI and that worked for us.

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• akk77akk77 member
    I did 9 IUI's, the first one worked but ended in m/c, all the others failed. No physical or hormonal issues, so I was "unexplained". Moved on to IVF & that worked on the first attempt (thank goodness!).
    37, expecting #1 through IVF/w ICSI
    Due: Feb 13, 2016
    NIPT all clear & it's a Girl!

• We had success with an IUI with injectables after many failed IUI's with clomid type drugs and then more failed IUI's with both clomid type drugs and injectables while trying for #2, had to move into to IVF to achieve this pregnancy.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• I had success with my first IUI. My doc used femara instead of clomid. Now 35 weeks with twins.
  • I had 3 IUIs - the first two were unmedicated, the last (successful) one was with 25mg Clomid and a trigger shot.

We did two unmedicated ones because I was able to get pregnant very quickly with our firstborn (son) and second pregnancy (ended in mmc). I'm 36 and was concerned about multiples. We did a third cycle that produced four mature eggs. I decided not to trigger that cycle because I wasn't comfortable with the idea of selective reduction, which the doctor would have required if we ended up with multiples. It was a hard decision and frustrating, but the next cycle we cut the Clomid dose in half and ended up with two eggs. We triggered and it worked! So IUI was wonderful for us.

I have heard that if it doesn't work in the first three times or so that the odds of it working from that point on diminish. Also clomid can thin your lining so it shouldn't be used for more than three cycles in a row.

I know how hard all this is... Good luck with everything, and hoping you get your rainbow soon!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't know if I'm too late to reply to this, but my husband and I did 7 IUI cycles. All unsuccessful. Our diagnosis is unexplained infertility. I'm now 32 and the hubby is 37. We've been TTC for nearly 8 years and are newly pregnant after an IVF FET cycle. In hindsight, for us, we should have stopped the IUIs after two failed and saved ourselves so much money and emotional stress/heartache. If you know you're willing to do IVF to get your miracle baby, my advice would be to move on to that, but of course it does depend on your financial situation and of course your IF diagnosis. Best wishes to you!
  • IUI did not work for us, but we had to exhaust that avenue before insurance would agree to cover IVF. I was desperately hoping it would work because IVF seemed very radical and intrusive, but ultimately it really was a waste of a year for me. It definitely works for many people, though, and hopefully it will for you, too. Good luck!!!!
  • Our first IUI worked! I was on femera and gonal-f injections. I'm 5w5d and hoping everything will turn out okay!
  • 2 IUIs did not work for me, but neither did 3 IVFs. Wishing you lots of luck! 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Rebekah0121Rebekah0121 member
    edited September 2015
    I actually went backwards from most couples ttc. We first tried Frozen Embryo Transfer through embryo adoption and then tried iui with a sperm donor. I had 2 FET's 6 years ago that were unsuccesful. My husband lost his job during the 2nd transfer and it took us 6 years to recover from that. We decided to give iui a try since the only reason (that we knew of) that we couldn't get pregnant was because my hysband has kleinfelters (meaning he has zero sperm). I got pregnant (unmedicated) on the second attempt! I am 7 weeks and i saw my baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound today. This is my first pregnancy. :)
  • I have had 4 IUI's with clomid and trigger shot and 2 of them worked. Our diagnosis is MFI. My doctor said that IUI shouldn't have worked for us... but it did after 5 years of TTC.
    ***Siggy Warning Child and Loss***

Officially diagnosed with unexplained infertility after 4 years of TTC
    IUI#2 gave us DS#1 who became an angel a few minutes after birth from Noonan syndrome
    IUI#4 gave us DS#2 - going strong as a toddler!

TTC again... Found a clinical trial for unexplained infertility and finished 16 weeks of "lifestyle intervention"
    Cycle #1 - cancelled for ovarian cyst x3...