October 2015 Moms
Options

You just have to laugh...

I just went to google "nipple boiling techniques" at the advice of my SIL to ensure my new bottle nipples are properly cleaned. Last night I got on Pinterest and pinned an article on "padsicles" for postpartum. Then I got on Facebook and realized a year ago I was drinking wine and having my bachelorette party. So my life has gone from wine and girls weekends to nipple boiling tips and padsicles....Ahhh welcome to motherhood! Hahahahaha. Can anyone relate?! B-)

Re: You just have to laugh...

• Options
    Yes! I had this same experience! One year ago exactly I was attempting to recover from my bachelorette party and now I, too, am pinning "padsicles" and googling "lightening crotch." Ahh how times have changed!
  • Options
    Im in the same boat lol!!! But may I recommend you NEVER, I repeat NEVER google image search "mucous plug" it will haunt you forever LOL!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tanya0624 said:

Im in the same boat lol!!! But may I recommend you NEVER, I repeat NEVER google image search "mucous plug" it will haunt you forever LOL!!!

Guess what I'm just about to Google. ..
  • Options
    lol yes, i have a monthly skype call with my college roommates/BFFs and i am the first to have a child. one of their sisters just had a baby 2 weeks ago and my friend said her sister can't stop talking about padsicles. so i explained what they were and told them how you find out all these ridiculously horrifying and traumatizing stories about what happens post-partum and how no one EVER talks about it until you are pregnant. i might have scared them a bit! actually more like i scared myself because it will be ME dealing with all of it in two weeks or so! ahh! but yeah i realized that i was becoming "that friend" already who only talks about pregnancy and babies. 
  • Options
    Me too...  I can't help myself.
  • Options
    ems028 said:
    Guess what I'm just about to Google. ..

OMG.  I'll never unsee that!
  • Options
    Facebook just reminded me that 1 year ago I too was doing something totally different than googling sterilising guidelines!

For those brave ladies who googled mucus plugs..... I've been having braxton hicks today's (38 weeks) and was worried I might miss " the plug if it came out in the shower..... Based on your visuals would I see it It in the shower? :-) thank you!
  • Options
    Glad I am not the only one feeling like that! I have had that happen so many times the last few weeks. One post we were looking for a house last year and that day we were painting a nursery. And one was the day we picked up our marriage license last year and thissame year we picked up my induction orders. It's been interesting seeing the difference.