June 2015 Moms

Eye colors???

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Eye colors???

• They've definitely lightened up around the pupil and are almost teal sometimes. I'm not going to pay attention til like 6 months because that's when the color can become permanent. DH and I both have hazel eyes (his light and mine dark) but we also have brown and blue on both sides so it'll be a crap shoot what LO's are..they've definitely lightened up since birth though.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • My LO's have been dark since he was born, they are still brown, but lightening a little. I am going to go ahead and say they are going to stay brown. I have brown eyes, SO has blue/grey.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO definitely has blue eyes & her hair is changing from dark brown to blonde. It's pretty funny with her two toned hair & blonde roots! She looks so much like my DH (he has dark eyes & hair, I have green eyes blonde hair) so I'm excited she's getting a few things from me other than my dimples. So fun to watch them grow & change.
  • I've got a strawberry blond girl with deep blue eyes. So pretty. Do and I both have blue eyes.
  • My girl is going to have baby blues like my other 2, and she has red hair in the back and growing blond up the top lol
  • We have one who's blue eyes are really lightening up and becoming a beautiful blue and her sister's are slowly turning brown :)
  • Our guy had dark eyes when he was born, but they were very blue. Now there's no blue really, and they're a hazel color. Mine are green/blue and DHs are light brown so I'm excited to see where this goes. Right now it looks like they are somewhere in between
  • I keep expecting LOs to change. Mine are hazel (greenish brown) and DH's are brown. LOs are still a bright blue. My mom had blue and my MIL has blue, so I guess there's a chance. Time will tell...
  • My little guy still has the dark grey eyes he was born with. Whilst I have blue eyes, DH is Indian and has brown eyes as does all his family. So I expect that his eyes will turn brown eventually, although I really love their colour now.
  • klkonwi said:

Medically speaking it's usually about 3 months but CAN be up to 6 months before eye color is complete/final

Ooh ooh, my dude still has his deep blues and we're creeping on 3m. The inner ring has lightened a little but not very much
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO has light blue eyes. They're just like mine. I don't think they'll be changing. Her hair is another story. It's brown in the back by her neck and strawberry blond on top. Or maybe light brown. So hard to tell!
  • We still have blue-gray and will be 12 weeks tomorrow. I've noticed the inner area changing a bit but I can't tell to what. I have green eyes but the rest of my family has brown..DH and his dad have brown, but his mom and sister have blue-green. This could go a lot of ways.

DD surprised us by being born with auburn hair. I was born with bright orange hair and was strawberry blonde growing up. DH was born with dark brown hair but was blonde growing up. He has brown hair now, though his sister is still blonde. Most of my family has brown hair but we both have red hair floating around our family trees, and our nephew is a redhead, so we assumed that's what we'd see. It doesn't seem to be changing yet. I'm excited to see what happens.

I'm surprised also that DD looks to be getting DH's olive skin tone...I am super pale and we thought we'd be looking at many years of applying spf one million to her every hour like I generally have to so as to not burn. I hope that sticks for her sake!
  • His eyes were a dark blue when he was born but now have lightened to a grey blue. They are the exact color of my brothers eyes. It's pretty cool.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• LO's are still grayish blue at 12 weeks. DS's has hazel eyes but they weren't set until well after 6 months. DH has blue, I have hazel. I was hoping LO would be blue for DH'S sake.
  • klkonwi said:
    Medically speaking it's usually about 3 months but CAN be up to 6 months before eye color is complete/final

Interesting!! I'm dying trying to figure out LO's eye color. He's 15 weeks and still pretty blue. DH and I both have brown eyes.. I still think it's pretty unlikely he would have blues but I guess it's possible!
  • Another strawberry blonde with blue eyes here! Just like her mama. I think the blues are here to stay.
  • All of my side family has blue eyes and almost all of my hubby's family does as well. Our LO has always had a light blue/grey around the inside and deep blue on the outside. I have yellow around the inside of my eyes and blue outside with a dark blue rim. I can't wait to see how his turn out. I took this picture today.
  • DH has gorgeous blue eyes and I have green. DD has pretty grey-blue eyes. They'll definitely be light but hoping the blues are here to stay.
  • mlindzzmlindzz member
    edited September 2015
    @MaliKaela we're in the same boat!
  • delujm0 said:

We still have blue-gray and will be 12 weeks tomorrow. I've noticed the inner area changing a bit but I can't tell to what. I have green eyes but the rest of my family has brown..DH and his dad have brown, but his mom and sister have blue-green. This could go a lot of ways.

DD surprised us by being born with auburn hair. I was born with bright orange hair and was strawberry blonde growing up. DH was born with dark brown hair but was blonde growing up. He has brown hair now, though his sister is still blonde. Most of my family has brown hair but we both have red hair floating around our family trees, and our nephew is a redhead, so we assumed that's what we'd see. It doesn't seem to be changing yet. I'm excited to see what happens.

I'm surprised also that DD looks to be getting DH's olive skin tone...I am super pale and we thought we'd be looking at many years of applying spf one million to her every hour like I generally have to so as to not burn. I hope that sticks for her sake!

My first daughter has her dad's snowy white skin and my tanning ability. She gets so dark and tan and has never once burned! Skin colour is so fun to find out too!
  • klkonwi said:

This.. But if your Lo has clear bright blues without grey to it.. It will be blue, I was hoping he would get my green.. But hhmmffppt
    But the darker and or greys, you might have to wait :)
  • My baby girl has these beautiful blue eyes right now at 13 weeks! I have brown and her DD has hazel. I hope they stay this blue!!! Her hair is mousy brown but I see some blonde fuzz too so not sure about her hair either.
  • I read in medical literature it can until age 2.