Baby Names

Girl middle name help

So, we are leaning on naming this baby Megan and my husband is dead set on her middle name being Ann, which is my middle name.  I'm not 100% sold on the flow of Megan Ann and I kind of hate the idea of her at some time going with Meg and then her name being Meg Ann.  What do you think?  We have a kind of formal sounding last name so I like that Megan is simple.  It would sound something like Megan Ann Harris.

photo 2c2eea5b-cb3d-4ba5-8e22-39fd2841956b_zps4ux1rnnr.jpg

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Girl middle name help

• I don't think Megan Ann is bad and in general you don't use first and middle name so Meg Ann isn't an issue IMO.  

• What about a less "simple" version of Ann, like:

Megan Anna

Megan Andrea

Megan Anika/Anikka

Megan Annabel/Annabelle

Megan Annalee

Megan Annalise

Megan Angela

Megan Angelica

Megan Angeline

Megan Ansley

Megan Anya

Megal Analisa

Megan Annamarie

Megan Annamaria

Megan Anastasia

• Loading the player...
  • To me it sounds funny that it's "-an" "-ann." Not terrible, but kinda weird.
  • Iznik said:
    To me it sounds funny that it's "-an" "-ann." Not terrible, but kinda weird.
    This is where I'm at.  

• Iznik said:

To me it sounds funny that it's "-an" "-ann." Not terrible, but kinda weird.

This is where I'm at.  

Yup

• I'm a Megan (thanks for spelling it simply!) and have never been Meg to anyone but my sisters, who usually use Megs if they use a nickname. I don't think there's anything wrong with Megan Ann, especially since it's both a family name and really, how often do you use your full name spoken aloud?
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks guys.  I keep going back and forth on it.  Really we pronounce Megan Meg-in so the Ann doesn't sound too bad with it.  And my name is Caroline Ann so the end sounds is really similar.  I don't know. 

photo 2c2eea5b-cb3d-4ba5-8e22-39fd2841956b_zps4ux1rnnr.jpg

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Megan Ann is a bit redundant, but not terrible, it's a bit plain sounding though.
  • I agree, it's not great, but it's not awful.

If your first name is Caroline, what about Megan Caroline? I think that's very pretty!

• I don't like the -gan -ann together. Reminds me of a girl a know named Ashey Leigh. How did no one realize this is bad?!