December 2015 Moms
Options

Second baby shower

I had my son dec 2014 and he was a 30 weeker so i never had time for a baby shower now im expecting my daughter dec 2015 and was wondering if its normal to have a baby shower for her?

Best Answers

• Options
    VesperLoveVesperLove member
    Answer ✓
    If you're on FB, also look for your local Buy Nothing group. Lots of people give away baby clothes all the time. I got entire lots of clothes from two women for free (a total of about 250 pieces). It was absolutely ridiculous but people on those sites love giving things away to those who need them. 

Re: Second baby shower

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi OP, did you mean to post this twice?
  • Options
    No i didnt. Lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Thank you! My son was in NICU weighing 1 lb so my babyshower for him didnt matter to me at the time. My fiancee wants me to have another one , we are both 23 with a 9 month old and struggling , and can get all the help we need. We are just in need of babygirl clothes! @Jenwatson6
  • Options
    Do you have any local consignment shops or thrift stores?  There are always tons of used baby clothes in good shape for pretty cheap prices.  I'd start there.
  • Options
    Wow I can't even imagine what you must have gone through! I hope everything is good with the little guy now! Some second time moms have a "sprinkle" instead of a full on shower, less games and big gifts but I'm sure you would still get some cute baby girl clothes! I second what the PP above me said, garage sales and consignment are a really adorable way to get some barely worn clothes.
  • Options
    Thank you both! Yeah once upon a child is the best place! Thats a great idea for a sprinkle!!!
  • Options
    I don't see an issue with a second shower, especially if you specifically ask for clothing/diapers only. I know a lot of ppl are against it, but life's hard on all of us and there's no shame in asking for a little help sometimes. I also second the garage sale idea, most of the clothing is still like new for babies.

I'm having my third baby, first boy and I will be having a shower, offered by a friend. But also my children are 13 and 5, and this one was a total accident, so I have nothing.

Good luck, girls are fun!