Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday

Month/Cycle:

CD:

What are you doing to get KU?

Rants/Raves/CS:

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience?
me 30; DH 35
TTC since May 2014.
Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
Short LP (8 days).
Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

Re: WTO Thursday

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4 temping

CD: 16

What are you doing to get KU? Temping, checking CM and CP, OPKs, all of the sex

Rants/Raves/CS: I think I may have ovulated yesterday! Fx for two more high temps to confirm!

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience?

I played in the woods a lot. I hope that we can find a way to have our LO spend tons of time outside in the woods, even though it will have to be a shared outdoor space since we live in the city.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Short LP (8 days).

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 21

What are you doing to get KU? All the things

Rants/Raves/CS: I'm getting a little frustrated with my OPKs.  I've been testing everyday since CD13 and twice a day since CD16 with no positive readings.  If that second line could just darken a little more...

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience?  The Girl Scouts.  I really liked my troop and have tons of great memories singing songs by the campfire, going on trips to meet female scientists in their labs, and riding horses on a dude ranch. DH is was an Eagle Scout  and loved too. Plus, now that the Boy Scouts have dropped their ban on gay members I can get behind having any future sons join the scouts.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brambles1 do you usually get a definitive positive? I've had months with a line not as dark as the control but still showing a temp shift. I think some women don't necessarily turn the OPK.

Month/Cycle: 5

CD: 6

What are you doing to get KU? Charting all the things, will start opks in a few days

Rants/Raves/CS: AF is finally gone :)

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? Disney everything!! I looooove Disney.
  • Options

CD: 22

What are you doing to get KU? Sex EOD, and everything else

Rants/Raves/CS: I am not convinced that i O'd like past cycles. I put in a higher temp for tomorrow and it just gives me dotted crosshairs which is frustrated. This is starting to suck some...

AL_TwinCities about playing in the woods and outside in general. I did not spend a lot of time inside growing up. My neighorhood and plenty of kids my age to play with and that's what we did. Hopefully we can find a great neighborhood for my LO's to grow up in. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 4

What are you doing to get KU? All the usual!

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Not much today... My temps were exactly the same the last two days and I'm on my period which was pretty funny

GTKY: Skiing! It is an absolute favorite thing of mine and my whole family skis... When I was growing up we went to my parents house in Vermont every other weekend over the winter. I'm working really hard at getting my husband good at it before we have a LO!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 20

What are you doing to get KU? Sex, PNV, charting

Rants/Raves/CS: thought I had I'd on cd 17, but temps prove otherwise. So now just waiting.

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? The outdoors. We went to state parks often and just spent lots of time outside.

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 3

What are you doing to get KU? Just starting to temp and of course sex

Rants/Raves/CS: since going off the pill my period has been 2 days! That's a definite rave!!!!

I agree with all the other pp; outdoors. Especially ghost in the graveyard and summers spent at the pool. And sports so long as my LO is interested!
    But above all else; sleep away camp! I loved camp and have such amazing memories! It really helped shape who I am I believe.

TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:10/11

CD: 6

What are you doing to get KU? all the things

Rants/Raves/CS: nothing at the moment.  Just waiting for O time.

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? I agree with almost everyone else; playing outdoors and keeping things simple.  I don't want my kids to have a bunch of technology and games.  I want them to play with barbies or nerf guns and ride their bikes. I want them to use their imagination. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options

CD: 9

What are you doing to get KU? All the things

Rants/Raves/CS: Asked the babysitter to come for a few hours, so I can go somewhere and get work done. Part of me just wants to take a nap during that time, but I'll be good.

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? Lifechanging camp experiences. I attended day/overnight camp for over a decade and want the same for my kids.

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 13

What are you doing to get KU? Sex, BBT, PNV, CM/CP

Rants/Raves/CS: Just waiting for O. My temps have been staying fairly consistent over the last week, not seeing much variation, but there are visible temp shifts. Really hoping I start seeing some increase here soon! My boobs are so sore, which usually happens before O, so I have my FX. Happy to be seeing some EWCM though!

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? Play outside without having to worry. I want our kids to be able to go outside, play with the neighbors and just tell them to be home when the streetlights come on. And raise them in a way where they WANT to be outside instead of glued to technology. I know the times have changed, but I truly hope our children will be able to do that where we live. 
  • Options
    *question*

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD: 24

What are you doing to get KU? Right now just charting and checking CM to see when I ovulate to start TTC next month

Rants/Raves/CS: ugh, I really thought I ovulated CD21 and I had a couple rises, but now thinking about the 3 over 6 rule I don't think so... What do you guys think?? Do I still need to wait for a few more temps or does my temp today (CD24) say no?

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? When I was younger we lived in Miami and so we were only a few hours from Disney...I remember going all of the time and now I have a probably unhealthy love for Disney! Now that I live about 8 hours away I hope my kids will have the love for Disney that I have and that we can visit often
  • Options
    MNturnsVAMNturnsVA member
    edited September 2015
    @Al_TwinCities- FX for you!!

@brambles1- my brothers were Eagle Scouts.  We spent at least a week every summer going to visit them at the Big Boy Scout camp in northern MN.  I was in girl scouts for a short time but it wasn't a great troop so unfortunately I was not in it for very long.  Also, what type of OPK are you using?  I have not had much luck with Wondfo's thus far but I haven't had any issues turning a $1 store OPK.

@raesmith9- you may just need a few more days of temps to actually confirm O.  have you tried putting in higher temps for the next 2-3 days?  I'd keep HIO just in case!!

Month/Cycle:5/3rd month temping 

CD:21 

What are you doing to get KU? sex, OPKS, temping, checking CM

Rants/Raves/CS:  Chart stalk please......do we think that the very slight temp increase from day 18 to CD 19 would be enough to signify or indicate an actual O date?  and I was really hot this AM when I woke up, so I'm not sure that i'm going to trust the temp spike today as being a sign of O.

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? I would have to agree also with everybody else about spending time outdoors.  My mom would lock us out of the house sometimes to make sure we didn't sit in front of the TV allday.  And being that its Thursday, I'll go ahead and put my unpopular opinion out there too- there have been many conversations between DH and I already about not giving our kids technology too young and that we will not be letting them watch DVDS/TV in the car on short car rides or watch a movie or play games on our cell phones while in the grocery store.  Nope.  Not happening.  Those things become a crutch for the child and teach them nothing about patience or how to behave.

****I have 20 Wondfos that I'm thinking I want to sell if anybody is interested.  They expire in 9/2016.  I'm just not crazy about them.  Haven't turned one yet.  I haven't been using them in the afternoon, but I can't withhold from drinking fluids for 2 hours either......

My chart: 

• Options

CD: 13

What are you doing to get KU? Temping/charting, OPKs, vitamins vitamins vitamins

Rants/Raves/CS: I did the math and realized that even if I O while DH is traveling for work, I won't be out of the game completely. I'll just need to wake DH up early before his flight on Monday ;)

Travel! I was a military brat, so we moved a lot. Sometimes the moving was rough, but I got to see lots of awesome places. DH and I don't have any plans to move, but hope to travel a bunch with our kids so they can experience different places and cultures.

• Options
    MNturnsVAMNturnsVA member
    edited September 2015
    My phone and my computer are being twatwaffles on Thursday, they didn't get the memo its not Tuesday....

Oh, and I have a question too.  So if you have sex before midnight, say 11:30 pm, do you count it as that day or the next day?
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:  4/4

CD: 3

What are you doing to get KU? Right now just BBT and PNV.

Rants/Raves/CS: My skin is clearing up, yay!

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience?  All sorts of fun traditions and celebrations, even for small things.
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA I'll bet CD20 was your O day, and you should find out for sure soon enough! FX for higher temps to confirm!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Short LP (8 days).

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 5

CD: 2

What are you doing to get KU? Usual nothing too out of the ordinary

Rants/Raves/CS: Sent DH a sneaky text for some ice cream tonight and he got 2 flavours of Ben and Jerry's. YES!

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? I grew up in the states but my family wad in Australia so we traveled a lot during summer to come and see family here. I hope now that my adult life is here I can take my LO's back to the US and show them where I grew up.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:
    5/5

CD:

Temping, BD EOD...I'm still on the fence with using OPK's again this cycle. They're expensive around here, & haven't been overly helpful the last few cycles. We'll see.  

Rants/Raves/CS:
    My skin has been a hot mess the last week or so. I keep breaking out in areas on my face that I don't usually, which is frustrating. Luckily it's starting to clear up, & I'm hoping the rest of this cycle won't be the same. Other than that, I'm happy tomorrow is Friday!

I have such great memories of spending time outside (as most PP's have said) with my friends, and doing things with my family. My parents gave me so many opportunities to learn and figure out who I was...I went to camp, did brownies, participated in sports, did extracurriculars at school. I was fairly busy, but really happy. We didn't take too many family trips, though, and that is something I would love for my future children to experience. :) 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 21 22

CD: 5

What are you doing to get KU? Doin' stuff.

Rants/Raves/CS: Rant:Teenage mood swings, they are just crazy. That is all.

I'll go with the outdoors stuff also.
    IUI #1 November 2015 - 0% Motility
    IVF #1 January 2016 - (FAIL/Over-suppressed)
    IVF #2 May 2016 - (FAIL/25 eggs, 1 5BB xx, PGS abnormal)
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 20

What are you doing to get KU? DH is home so time for sex!

Rants/Raves/CS: my BBT died and I didn't have time to get a new one so I used the regular thermometer. It gave me a high temp this AM, which means we may have hit O-2. I'm so lost this cycle with my temps up and down, and never getting a +OPK or peak reading on the monitor, so we're just going to HIO until AF makes an arrival or a BFP.

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? Visit the beach a lot. As a kid we lived on the beach so we were there almost every day with good weather. We rented a beach house for a week this past spring and DS1 loved it, DS2 not so much, but he wasn't mobile so he just wanted to sit and eat sand.

I also want to take them to Europe. It's not something I did as a kid, but DH did as a teenager and he loved it. We'd love to do that with our kids when they're older.

• Options
    @MNturnsVA I'd count it as that day. Even if it was a few minutes after midnight, I'd probably still count it as that day since I hadn't gone to sleep yet.

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 19

What are you doing to get KU? Everything

Rants/Raves/CS: 1 more high temp and I move to tww... Our timing was not the best this month.

Go to sleep away camp. My best memories were from those summers

And as a big kid, study abroad!!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 11

What are you doing to get KU? Temping, BD

Rants/Raves/CS: I got a temp spike today, which was unexpecting because usually I don't O until about day 13. I was sick the past few days, but I expected that to make me O later, not earlier. I guess I'll just have to wait to see if I get high temps again the next few days.

Snow. My husband and I were wanting to move somewhere warm, like Texas or California, but I realized recently I don't want my kids to grow up somewhere where it rarely snows. Snow was fun when I was a kid.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 2

What are you doing to get KU? all the things

Rants/Raves/CS: Feeling a little better today. Not totally better, but a little. 

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience?: Definitely playing outside. Going to northern Michigan and boating on the lake. And our extended family-- my parents had a rocky marriage and divorced when I was a young kid, but my mom's extended family is awesome. She's one of 11 kids and there are 25 of us in the next generation, and we're all super close. I live away from them now, but I hope we can stay close in the future so my kids can experience that. 
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016

• Options

CD: 11

What are you doing to get KU? Everything

Rants/Raves/CS: I'm really antsy this month and getting nervous. SIGH

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? Living abroad
  • Options
    MNturnsVA thanks for the advice. I tired and I still have dotted CH. I just need to not stress about it and HIO. Also, if we have sex before midnight and he finishes before midnight then I count it as that day. But if he finishes after midnight then I count it as the next morning. I am also guessing that maybe CD 20 will be your O date. 

bonsallav i would wait till FF gives you CH. I'm guessing that it wants to see what your temp tomorrow will look like. 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 27

What are you doing to get KU? temping, charting, CM, sex

Rants/Raves/CS: I'm hoping this isn't an anovulatory cycle. That would be a bummer. 

We took a lot of family vacations as a child. Camping, National Parks, historical sites, beach vacations, etc. I would love for my kids to get that experience. Also, I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I was homeschooled and I plan to homeschool. I absolutely loved my homeschool experience. 
  • Options
    @raesmith9- I just looked at your chart.  I'm sure i've asked but do you temp at the same time everyday?  and are you a oral temper?  your chart does have quite a bit of variation to it.

@FrancesGrace630- can you attach your chart?  have you had an anvouatory cycle before?   I think i just had one last month.
  • Options

CD: 11

What are you doing to get KU? Everything

Rants/Raves/CS: At the airport and really excited to see my parents! But this morning I guess was just a bit too early for DH and he didn't finish, this only happens after too munch drinking. I'm sad but tried not let DH know. Now I'm hoping I will O later. Otherwise it will be a -3, +1 or -4, 0.

Sooo many things. My parents were playful so swimming, skiing, snowball fights, parks. I had a great childhood and hope I will be as good as my parents.
  • Options

CD: 11

What are you doing to get KU? All the things and EOD (sorta)

Rants/Raves/CS: DD is sick today and I'm stuck at home. I have to honestly say I'd rather be at work. :(

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? Tree climbing!!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    MNturnsVA said:
    @raesmith9- I just looked at your chart.  I'm sure i've asked but do you temp at the same time everyday?  and are you a oral temper?  your chart does have quite a bit of variation to it.

This is why I am so confused this cycle. I temp vaginally and at 5 am very single morning. The two open circles in the beginning of the cycle were from travelling for labor day weekend. I do not understand why it is so all over the place. 

• Options
    @brambles1 I have never turned an OPK true positive. The line gets darker then will fade. But last time around I had a temp shift when the line was the darkest.

@AshVA I was a military brat too! We got lucky with moving, when we were in VA my dad was able to change bases without having to move the family. (Norfolk to Langley) so we didn't move often when I was older.

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/3

CD: 93

What are you doing to get KU? Last Provera! Temping, charting, prenatal.

Rants/Raves/CS: I've been MIA lately if you haven't noticed. I've been doing Tricare research because my PCM is being a douchecanoe and not giving me a referral to RE. My birthday was also yesterday so DH did a bunch of awesome things for me yesterday because he's awesome.

GTKY: I loved having season passes to Geauga Lake (amusement/water park) every summer and I hope I can do something similar for my LO.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options
    MNturnsVA said:

@FrancesGrace630- can you attach your chart?  have you had an anvouatory cycle before?   I think i just had one last month.

I had 4 anovulatory cycles after coming off the pill. They were all really long, lasting 58, 74, 63, and 35 days (35 days isn't actually long). 

I attached my chart. All the open circles on days 11-17 I was in Eastern time zone instead of Central time zone, so I thought I should temp an hour later than I usually do, but then I realized that was wrong. 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:
    1/1
    CD: 
    Nothing now :( I have to prevent this month. I posted yesterday in WTO about getting booster vaccines for work, and in WTF Wednesday posted that the nurse told me that I can't get pregnant for a month after the shots I got yesterday (had to get a live vaccine and not recommended during pregnancy)
    Rants/Raves/CS: 
    I'm super annoyed with myself. I knew I had to get those vaccines for the past 2 months and just put them off because I was busy. I never thought of the fact that I might not be able to get them while pregnant/TTC. They aren't a requirement for employment but strongly recommended due to the nature of my work (healthcare) so I figured delaying by 1 month is better than putting myself and a potential pregnancy at risk by not being protected. Plus if there's an outbreak and I'm not vaccinated I get put off work without pay, so I know I did the right thing I'm just mad I procrastinated.
    Travel! I was so lucky as a child, my parents brought us all over the world and showed us so many different cultures. Financially we won't be able to afford the same types of trips as my parents could, but I hope we can do enough to instill a love of travel into our kids
  • Options

CD: 3

What are you doing to get KU? Still waiting for AF to leave.

Rants/Raves/CS: I get to go home this weekend to see my parents and siblings!

Like @lalalorelai I spent summers on the lake in northern Michigan. (High five for Michiganders!) I'm determined to make this happen for my kids, but we don't live in MI right now and I have a year-round job, so still figuring that out. Also sleep-away camp, lots of road trips, and being outside, as others have said.
  • Options

CD: 9

What are you doing to get KU? Temping, cm, bd

Rants/Raves/CS: waitinggg

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? Just basically living outside in the summer. No video games, no cell phone just grass stains and swimming.
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options

CD: 14

What are you doing to get KU? Temping (first cycle). OPK. PNV. BD ED this week.

Rants/Raves/CS: Feeling some stress this morning (my credit card # was compromised). I am trying really hard to stay calm and not stress this month. I am hoping I O soon as our timing would be great this month.

Disney World as well as other family vacations. When I was younger we would load up the Astro Van and drive to our vacation spot. I have so many memories with my siblings I would love for my LO to experience that.
  • Options
    @FrancesGrace630- I can totally see why you would start to think that this cycle may be anovulatory as well, especially after looking at your chart.....have you talked to your dr?  I guess I'm not sure if anything can be done about them?  I'm sorry though, I'm sure that is super frustrating.  I've been kind of kicking myself for not getting off BC sooner and temping sooner to have a much better idea at this point of what's going or to get some of the wonky cycles behind us.  You don't know what you don't know.....now I know.  On the other hand, the knowing makes me not want to plan stuff.  Our anniversary is coming up and if we were to get lucky this month we wouldn't know until 2-3 days before the anniversary.  So that makes it hard in some ways.

@DobbysSock- sorry about your frustration for the vaccines.  Its so hard to find out this stupid stuff that you think would or should not have that much affect on your plans and then it puts a big road block out there.  Are there any mini vacays you've been wanting to do or could do?  I would try to do something that you won't be able to do once you actually get your BFP or when a little one is here and make it a priority for this month.  A concert or a show you've been wanting to see?  Hang in there!!  I hope the time will pass for you quickly!!
  • Options

CD: 16

What are you doing to get KU? prenatals, CM, ED/EOD

Rants/Raves/CS: nothing

GTKY: what is something you did as a child that you hope your future LO will also get to experience? When i was little every year a large group of my dads family would go clamming every June. As i got older we went less and less but last year we got to go again DD was only 1yr old so not really old enough to remember but i'm hoping we'll keep doing it so she and her sibling can have the same memories i did of riding bikes around the campground with my sisters and cousins, making smores and staying up late listening to the adults share stories.