October 2015 Moms
Options

New Daddy Gift?

So I was thinking of getting a special gift to give my DH after baby is born (besides the pushing out his child of course) and was wondering if anyone else is planning on doing this and if so what they are getting. DH has been so amazing throughout this pregnancy and I don't know how I would have done it without him (its been a hard pregnancy) so I wanted to show my appreciation. Nothing big, I'm thinking something like a t-shirt or a picture frame for him to keep at work. Any other ideas?

Re: New Daddy Gift?

• Options
    When I had my first daughter (9 years ago) I made my husband a CD of Daddy songs from the baby. He tried to listen to it on the drive home from the hospital and I cried the whole time! He had to turn it off!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are big gift givers in my family and I think I am putting together an activities I hope he does with our daughter! For Father's Day the gift was a story book, some Pj's, and a lazy boy because he said he plans to read her to sleep every night.
    I am thinking about a camping/fishing theme, like a yeti stuffed with gear for both of them obviously he will use his stuff instantly but it's something he loves that I don't do. Hopefully his new side kick will love it someday too!
  • Options
    I was thinking of getting dh something before the baby comes. Maybe a gift certificate to rock climbing or a massage. Something to let him let loose or recharge pre-baby. He has been amazing to me the whole pregnancy.
  • Options
    I'm pampering myself before the baby comes, I'm trying to think of ways to pamper him too. Neither of us we'll have the time to ourselves anymore.
  • Options
    I had gotten a handmade frame that says mommy and me from my baby shower that matched the nursery. DH said what about me so I ordered him something similar on etsy so it will be a minor gift/ suprise.
  • Options
    I got him really good seats to a college football game for him and 3 friends close to thanksgiving- I'm so appreciative of everything he's done for me, I wanted to get him a surprise.
  • Options
    Our phrase has always been love you to the moon and back. I wanted to find something with that on if for a dad gift. I found a clay ornament on etsy in the shape of a moon that says love you to the moon and back Daddy. It'll be from the baby
  • Options
    I made DH a cute new daddy gift basket. I got two books - "your baby's fist word will be dada" and "Baby and owners manual" plus a picture frame that says daddy and me and a big box of blue bubble gum cigars that have its a boy on it so he can give them out after the birth. I also got a matching tshirt and onesie that say player 1 and player 2 with game controllers. Then I wrote him a card telling him how grateful I am for his support through all of the pregnancy and etc. the whole thing was probably cost $60 and half of that was the onesie and tshirt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My husband is getting something practical and something fun (for him). The practical thing is that the remote key fob for his car broke a few years ago and he hasn't had one- but it would sure come in handy when your hands are full of baby- so I called a local locksmith and had them order a fob which they will program for me for $95. The fun thing is that my husband loves whiskey, so I ordered him a mid-shelf favorite as a sort of celebratory hurrah present.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love giving gifts! For Father's Day, I gave my husband books that he can read to our baby girl. I got books that will be for some different ages and that are about his interests too. It wasn't anything huge, but it was personal to him. He was really excited about it.
  • Options
    DH is getting a baby, a freezer filled with pre-made homemade meals as well and even though I'm moody (very uncomfortable) I always have supper made and laundry done for him.

Oh and the best gift of all we will have a sex life and he will have a workout buddy again!

• Options
    I was Thinking about getting him something but our anniversary is the 15th of Sept and our little girl is due on the 1st. It is our 3 year which is leather so he got some really nice logging boots that he has been drooling over... still might get something small though. He has been cooking dinner almost every night for the past couple months and doing most of the cleaning (this pregnancy has been exhausting and I've been so nauseous)
  • Options
    Loving this thread! I know I am the one carrying this baby, gaining stretch marks, sleepless nights and nausea... But my SO has been great to me (and baby) throughout this pregnancy. I wanted to get him a little something for appreciation. Thanks for starting this thread! Great ideas
  • Options
    We were just talking about this together there other day... I'm not a huge fan of the "push present" idea, but I really have been eyeing a certain willow tree figurine and he noticed. He went out and bought it for me but I won't be getting it until baby is here.
    Anyway... To return the favor, I plan on watching for something baby-related that really interests him. I like the idea of a book from baby, or maybe some "new daddy" books.

*sorry I got a little off topic and story-ish lol pregnancy has taken its toll on my brain. :)
  • Options
    Just a thought for you. For Father's Day, I made my husband a shirt (I sell custom shirts) that said Dad in kind of a baseball font with a tail underneath and then it said Since 2003.
  • Options
    He's buying a new laptop just before baby comes. He had gotten some $ from his parents for his birthday and really wanted to use it for a laptop, but the laptop he wants is more expensive. I do the budgeting and we have been cutting corners where we can to prepare for maternity leave. I ended up cutting the budget more than he realized so we would have enough extra money for the laptop. I told him yesterday and he is excited!

He has had his laptop since 2007, when he got it as a graduation present... So I think it's about time for an upgrade!
  • Options
    Great ideas everyone! I also love giving presents and I'm definitely gonna have to do something. 
  • Options
    We have a place here that can engrave/etch liquor bottles so I'm thinking of calling to do that when she is born (not sure what to have etched though) and having someone pick it up and bring to the hospital. I would really like to personalize it to her birthdate but I might figure out something else to etch and do it before we go to the hospital.
  • Options
    pkfinnertypkfinnerty member
    edited September 2015
    I got him a manly diaper bag filled to the max with everything he might need. It's a charcoal grey one shoulder sling bag. I think it's by Dad Dudes... but I packed it with diapers, wipes, change of clothes, pacifier, rattle, diaper rash cream, orajel, and who knows what else!
  • Options
    J1D said:
    My husband gets a baby and he gets to keep his girlish figure and not suffer any damage to his private parts. I think he's winning ;) I did buy him a couple of monsters and some granola bars for the hospital bag so he'd have a snack. Does that count for anything?
    Yep yep yep, that counts for everything! I bought DH his favorite treats for the hospital bag too AND I got him an Ergo Baby (he's been dying for one more than I have) and the infant insert. He wants to wear it asap lol 
  • Options
    jefinley1 said:
    elmann1 said:
    J1D said:
    My husband gets a baby and he gets to keep his girlish figure and not suffer any damage to his private parts. I think he's winning ;) I did buy him a couple of monsters and some granola bars for the hospital bag so he'd have a snack. Does that count for anything?
    Yep yep yep, that counts for everything! I bought DH his favorite treats for the hospital bag too AND I got him an Ergo Baby (he's been dying for one more than I have) and the infant insert. He wants to wear it asap lol 
    My husband loves the baby carriers too! We have the Ergo, and then got a baby K'tan for when she's super tiny. He was trying it on in BRU to see how it fit him, and this pregnant girl with her two friends actually stopped and watched with goofy smiles while he figured out how it worked and fitted. It was like they had just seen a unicorn and couldn't stop staring. Kind of got awkward after I asked if we were standing in front of something they needed, and they said no but kept very actively watching him put it on... I felt like I needed to get him a dressing room or something. Involved dads are sexy!
    @jefinley1 LOL!!!! It's so funny you say this!!! My husband was in our yard trying it out and feeling fancy and our neighbors (hipster chicks) were like "Omg that looks great on you! It brings out your eyes!" all giggly and dumb. wtf.... I should have done what you did but it was so awkward and icky. Aww I love that our husbands are so involved! super sexy! but I WILL hit someone who comments inappropriately on it from now on.... *grumble* We want to get a baby K'tan too, which one did you get? My friend gave me one but its kind of small-ish and doesn't fit him very well lol fits me great though!
  • Options
    I hadn't really thought about getting him a gift, but we were talking one day about how in older shows and movies it shows the men passing out cigars in the waiting room. He joked that he was going to do that, so if I can find the gum cigars, I might get that as just a funny gift.
  • Options
    @elmann1 For once in my life, I wasn't even trying to be a snarky bitch, I was just genuinely confused! When they lingered after my question I was like, "Oh my gosh, they're actually openly checking him out!" Who knew baby carriers were the newest sexy men's wear item? I was so amused I couldn't even bring myself to be pissed. I'm not sure I'll feel the same way if it keeps happening. Haha. 

We thought they were pretty much in keeping with suit sizes like the chart said, but definitely size down if he's in between. My husband runs between a 38 and a 39, so the chart would say small as it says to size down, but the little calculator on their website seemed to think he would need a medium with his height and weight. When he tried it on though, the medium was way too big. If you can have him try one on, that would probably help, just because our feel was that build was a large part of it.  
  • Options

I hadn't really thought about getting him a gift, but we were talking one day about how in older shows and movies it shows the men passing out cigars in the waiting room. He joked that he was going to do that, so if I can find the gum cigars, I might get that as just a funny gift.

They have them on oriental trader!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    He's getting a fancy bottle of scotch, and I'm drinking 3/4 of it. Like he drank all mine while I was pregnant. ;)
  • Options
    It's my dh's birthday a few weeks after my due date. I'm thinking of wrapping our little one up in wrapping paper. Seriously..a child has to be the best gift I can give him! B-)
  • Options
    @whitemn04 I need to remember that for Father's Day!  DH would love that!