October 2015 Moms

Advice, Cramps?

Baby&AshBaby&Ash member
edited September 2015 in October 2015 Moms
I'm 33+4 for the last 3 weeks I've been feeling a lot of discomfort in my lower abdomen in the last few days this has turned in to a lot of pain and a lot of pressure right across my pubic line, the pressure is so strong it feel like I constantly about to pee but will come a go throughout the day, it's impossible to check timings as it so irregular but this doesn't feel like my normal braxton hick!? Does anyone have any advice and could it still be a braxton hick just fla heavier baby? My sister when in to slow labour with her 1st and I'm worried I'm following the same path as we both explain it all so simular.

Re: Advice, Cramps?

• I've never heard of going into slow labor, so I can't help you there, but I do think it sounds more like pressure from baby and BH given then it started. My OB recommends calling or coming in when pressure increases or if I feel the need to push. If that's where you're at, you should consider going in or at least calling your doctor. If what you mentioned about "slow labor" is the case, then it sounds like you'll know in plenty of time to get where you need to go. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get this too. With both pregnancies now. It's just pressure from the baby dropping. I feel like I have to pee every time I stand up. I get sharp stabbing pains in my bladder too. Lots if pressure on my pubic bone. It's all the normal joys of the 3rd tri :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I was having a lot of cramping and pain and was very concerned. At my appointment this week, my doctor said that it was a good sign of a heathy pregnancy and that things were going in the right direction. He told me that pain by itself is rarely cause to worry, but pain along with something else, like a fever or bleeding, could be something going on and to get checked out. But pain alone, like horrible cramping, is your body preparing for delivery, even weeks in advance.

Good luck :)