January 2016 Moms
Options

Games for big baby showers

Is anyone else planning a big shower? My boyfriend and I both have a lot of friends and family, so we want to do a big shower so no one feels excluded. (It could get up to 100+ guests.)

What games could work for that many people? I don't want anything too girly, because guys will be invited as well. Our prizes will be co-ed and fall themed as well (bbq kits, smores baskets, canned bread and other goodies). Any suggestions on games though? Or how you handled or have seen big showers handled? Thanks, ladies!

Re: Games for big baby showers

• Options
    edited September 2015

Is anyone else planning a big shower? My boyfriend and I both have a lot of friends and family, so we want to do a big shower so no one feels excluded. (It could get up to 100+ guests.)

What games could work for that many people? I don't want anything too girly, because guys will be invited as well. Our prizes will be co-ed and fall themed as well (bbq kits, smores baskets, canned bread and other goodies). Any suggestions on games though? Or how you handled or have seen big showers handled? Thanks, ladies!

:::::lurking:::::Really, you should not be planning and hosting your own shower. It's a gift giving event that is hosted in your honor. Hosting it for yourself can appear gift grabby.

100 people at a shower is ridiculous. Showers should really be your nearest and dearest friends and family, again, because they are gift giving events. It's not an invite everybody you know type event. It's not the same level of importance as a wedding, big anniversary or graduation.

• Options
    JAGClarkJAGClark member
    edited September 2015
    So, if we had one shower, it would be 100+. We seperated out a family shower for women only and a coed shower for our friends. Our friends shower will be 50 or so.

We are doing a relay race. Most likely 10 teams of 5 or so. Chug the bottle, diaper a doll, push the doll in a doll stroller around cones, feed applesauce to the next in line blind folded, diaper tag team (cloth diaper, two safety pins, two teammates, one hand each), balloon/potato/little pumpkin between the legs and drop it in a basket a distance away. Stuff like that.

We are only doing one game since it'll take a bit.

Edit: I can't spell.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JAGClark amazing! That is a shower I would happily attend!
  • Options
    Is anyone else planning a big shower? My boyfriend and I both have a lot of friends and family, so we want to do a big shower so no one feels excluded. (It could get up to 100+ guests.) What games could work for that many people? I don't want anything too girly, because guys will be invited as well. Our prizes will be co-ed and fall themed as well (bbq kits, smores baskets, canned bread and other goodies). Any suggestions on games though? Or how you handled or have seen big showers handled? Thanks, ladies!
    Nope, I am not doing any planning for my own shower.  I will find out what we are doing when I get there.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If you are looking for honest opinions, I'm not a stickler on throwing your own shower as I am helping my sister and mom throw mine, but 100+ people is just ridiculous. It is a gift giving event and that seems more gift grabby than throwing your own very small intimate gathering. I realize you don't want people to be left out but this is really for the people that are absolutely the closest to you. Immediate family and best friends only.
    As far as games, I would suggest something that is easy to find a winner. The whole 'guess mommies belly with string' would take forever to figure out who got closest. Something like a baby centered word scramble or something similar would be easier with whoever finishes first wins. There are tons of ideas online.
  • Options
    Aside from the whole hosting your shower is rude thing. As a guest, I do not want to attend a 100+ person shower. That sounds like the first circle of hell. If I had any idea of the size, I would decline and send a small gift.

I imagine many others would too.
  • Options
    Of course we're not planning it for ourselves but I'm helping with it & was looking for game ideas. For those saying it's rude, I wasn't looking for opinions no offense. But just to clarify, this is our immediate friends and family, and leaving anyone out that's on our final list (between 90 & 100) would be rude. Mind you, we're combining my step-mom's, mom's, and bf's mom's lists with our closest friends, and that this number includes children and couples. We want to throw a nice big get together to let our two families meet that's casual and fun. :)

But back to the topic, I like the relay race idea! Doing one big game would be nice and quick to let the socializing resume. SIL suggested activities for the kids too to keep em occupied while parents catch up.
  • Options
    I decided to separate my family from my spouses as we both have large families. In regards to our friends, as we have many. I kept it to the ones involved in our wedding party.
  • Options
    jmccomberjmccomber member
    edited September 2015
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
  • Options
    Hey so if you are looking for something fun, they have a version of cards against humanity you can print called parents against humanity.
  • Options
    MyCousinVinnyMyCousinVinny member
    edited September 2015
    jmccomber said:
    Just....wow.

Especially your hashtag.  
  • Options
    AlabamaWorleyAlabamaWorley member
    edited September 2015
    image #overreaction