April 2015 Moms
Options

Teething badly

FTM here and Im finding that our baby girl is really struggling with teething. She's 22 weeks and extremely uncomfortable all the time. Tylenol helps but only for a short time. She hates anything cold to chew and teething toys make her scream. How much medication is too much!? I don't want her to be drugged all the time but the poor thing can't get any relief any other way it seems. Any ideas from other moments out there as to how to help her cope m would be greatly appreciated...and BF and teething...what a joy! Really not looking forward to actually teeth haaha

Re: Teething badly

• Options
    Have you tried baby Orajel and/or letting her chew on your finger? These both worked for my kiddo. As far as too much medicine, I wouldn't give more often than every 4 hours (or whatever your Tylenol bottle says). There is also a max # of daily doses on the bottle you don't want to exceed. Personally, if my LO was taking every scheduled dose of Tylenol straight for 3+ days, I would seek an alternative and/or doctor opinion. But that's just my comfort level (luckily never had to do that). Good luck!
  • Options
    Yes I agree with you 100% I'm not comfortable giving it to her for prolonged periods of time. I've never given her more than the recommended doses, although for her 4 months vaccines she did get three doses spread out over the recommended time, she spiked a fever and man was that scary. I've tried orajel once and she didn't seem to like it but that was a month ago, I'll try again. And my knuckle and her toes are the only thing she likes to chomp, it must hurt tho because she'll scream and chomp, scream and chomp. I guess Thanks for the advice!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hylands teething tablets have worked for all three of my kids! They are all natural look into them! Also those small mini bagels are just hard enough to help chew and soft enough to not choke them if they get a small price off