May 2016 Moms
Options

Will you announce to grandparents tomorrow on grandparents day?

So this would be their second grand baby from us and I thought about maybe surprising them by telling them another one is on the way. I know it's early but I'm debating on telling them tomorrow or waiting until we see a HB. Thoughts?

Re: Will you announce to grandparents tomorrow on grandparents day?

• Options
    I'm waiting until I have an u/s picture to show, and I know everything is fine with the baby so far. That's just my personal preference, though. Many have already told their parents.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would tell my IL's, but they are out of town until next weekend. Also, I ordered a big sister shirt for dd to wear and it won't get here till Monday.

I'm waiting a bit longer to tell my parents because last time my mom told everyone even though I told her not to, so I'm going to wait until I'm comfortable with other people knowing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Crap, I had no idea tomorrow was grandparent's day... Thanks!!!
  • Options
    No, still too early. I want to make sure i'm out of the woods. I had a miscarriage in May, and my family knew so I don't want them to have to go through the whole emotional situation again if something were to happen.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    We too had a mc in June and decided to wait until we see a HB in Oct. It just seems like forever away lol
  • Options
    nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
    edited September 2015
    We weren't originally going to, but we did tell my parents anyway.   Called them up and said Happy Grandparents Day.  At first they were confused.  I was like ya'll are grandparents, you have grand dogs don't ya?  They were like oh yeah.  Then I was like and you have a grandbaby in heaven (from the mc earlier this year), and you'll have one in May.   Enter awkward silence...... took them a minute or two before it hit them lol

Now we are definitely waiting to tell his parents.  That whole situation can be a bit cray cray lol

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    It would have been a really cute idea, but timing for us didn't work out. We'd like to wait another month or two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did! We put our little man in a "Cool Big Bro" shirt. :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker<a
  • Options
    Grandparents will be among the last to know this go 'round (a number of friends already know). With DD, we told both sets around 7-8 weeks and told them to keep the info to themselves until we announced at 13 weeks. My mom told every person she talked to, including random people at the  grocery store, and my FIL did something to annoy my BIL so to make it better, he spilled my news to him. First time he would be an uncle so that really hurt that he took that special news away from us. And my MIL told a ton of people. I was getting congratulations from a bunch of people at my DH's grandfather's funeral when I was only 10 weeks along.

So experience has taught me to not tell either set until I'm ready to announce to everyone.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016