August 2015 Moms

Heeeeeelllpppppp! Mothers with Sons!

ok, what the hell am I doing wrong? This happens at least every other day. What am I doing wrong with LO peen? The diaper is not soaked through. It's wet in the center and all of his clothing and my bed. What am
I doing wrong with his penis to stop these shenanigans!

Re: Heeeeeelllpppppp! Mothers with Sons!

• Yup. Same thing happens to us if I forget to point it down. Though I will say, with his cloth diapers it doesn't do that. Only when we forget in disposables.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have this problem too. Penis is pointed down but he still manages to pee out the leg. But he can also poo out the leg avoiding the nappy entirely. Just clever I guess
  • Do you have the leg gussets out too? Sometimes when you pull the diaper up they fold in so after I have it on I slide a finger in each gusset and pull it out and flat.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a girl and this happened to me once. Then I watched her do it. It could be different. But I had the diaper fastened snug. You know if you suck your stomach in and it gives you a gap in the front? Well she was on her back and flexed her muscles just right when she lifted her legs up that it created a gap and she peed with her legs up, which made the pee run up her stomach and down her side, pooling at her back. I don't know it it's the same with your boys but it's a theory. If I hadn't seen her do it, I would have never figured out how she did it because it left the diaper totally dry and when her legs were back down, everything looked perfectly tight and in place.
  • banfrogbanfrog member
    edited September 2015
    We used to get that a lot with DS1. My mom showed me to make sure the elastic around the legs were snug into creases of where legs meet bottom and crotch area. That and to make sure he's pointed down. Only had leaks if someone other than DH and I changed him after that.
  • Try using pampers. Other brands suck. Pampers is the best brand.
  • We had this problem early on and it went away once we started fanning the ruffles out, tightening everything, etc. But we are starting to have the problem again. I'm thinking maybe it's time to go up a diaper size. DS is still in newborns at 4 weeks but I've noticed that things are getting a little tight.
  • Try using pampers. Other brands suck. Pampers is the best brand.

Looks like she is using pampers. Make sure the penis is pointing down or you will always have these accidents.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We had this same problem with huggies diapers. When we switched to pampers he stopped peeing through his dispers.
  • I have a boy and I had this happen with a couple different brands a few weeks ago. For my LO it meant he was ready for the next size up in diapers. Since I bumped him up to size 1 no more accidents.
  • That's funny bc pampers are the one brand LO always leaks through! We prefer Up & Up or Luvs
  • My LO pees through pampers swaddlers.. I try pointing it down but it still seems to happen!
  • After you secure the first tab make sure his penis is still down. I would point him down and then sometimes it would pop back up when I was fastening the diaper. Haven't had a leak since I figured that out.
  • Thanks for posting this! My DS is always leaking through his nb diapers but 1s are sooo big on him. I'll try these tricks! [-O<

Pregnancy Ticker