Baby Names

Starting over. NEED HELP (edited)

BeeKayy21BeeKayy21 member
edited September 2015 in Baby Names
So 2 new name we slightly like are Kelsey and Kendall. Thoughts?

I need more options. I'm seriously struggling and i love all of your opinions.

I made the poll about Nora, Audrey, Or Hallie...Audrey won and I do like it best as well but now DH doesn't like it as much as the other two...of course.

Suggestions? Get creative with me. I am running out of time here.

Ideas of names we like but aren't using besides what is listed- Annie, Carly, Layla, Emma, June, Grace, Kara, Marilyn, Roslyn, Jenna..

Re: Starting over. NEED HELP (edited)

• Nora, Audrey, or Hallie are all much better than Kelsey or Kendall. If DH likes Nora better than Audrey go with that. It's a beautiful name!

Other suggestions
    Lilah
    Mila
    Caroline
    Julia
  • I dislike both Kendall and Kelsey so much I can't even describe. Masculine, trend city and unattractive named that have nothing solid about them. You have so many other names on your radar that are strong female names I can't imagine settling for something so lacking. I even vote for Hallie over those two.

• Loading the player...
  • bbiutmcph said:

I even vote for Hallie over those two.

I agree and I don't like Hallie. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I understand.

Here is our short list for girls:

Iris, Josselyn, Maude, Delia, Rosalyn, Blythe, Alice, Maxine, June, Maeve, Annaliese, Tabitha, Elliana, Bryn, Brooke, Heidi, Holly, Felicity, Julianne, Vera, Adelaide, Grace, Mary, Hope, Elyse, Noelle, Violet, Vivienne, Clara, Cora, Verity, Elise, Opal, Alison, Elizabeth, Sybil, Margaret "maisie"
  • Hallie is so much better than Kelsey and Kendall.

Go with Nora or Hallie if you don't like Audrey.
  • Here are some I think may be similar in sound to what you're going for... it seems you like the -ee sound, d's and n's?

Abby/Abigail
    Ainsley
    Amelie
    Aubrey
    Ayla/Aylah
    Bailey
    Britta
    Cadey
    Callie
    Casey
    Cassidy
    Cecily
    Charlie
    Chloe
    Claire
    Cora
    Coralie
    Daisy
    Delaney
    Della
    Demi
    Eden
    Elodie
    Emmy
    Emery
    Evelyn/Eve/Eva/Evie
    Everly
    Felicity
    Hadley
    Harley
    Heidi
    Hillary/Hilary
    Holland
    Holly
    Isla
    Ivy
    Kennedy
    Lacey
    Leah
    Leigh
    Leila/Leilah
    Leilani
    Lena
    Lila/Lilah
    Libbie
    Lily/Lillie/Lilly
    Lola/Lohla
    Lucy
    Lydia
    Madison
    Mallory
    McKenna
    McKenzie
    Melanie
    Melody
    Mila/Milah
    Nori
    Poppy
    Posey
    Riley
    Remy
    Rosalie
    Ruby
    Sadie
    Shay/Shayla/Shea
    Stella
    Sydney
    Tenley
    Tierney
    Tory/Tori
    Valerie
    Verity
    Zoe
  • By the way, I really like Kendall. I think Kennedy is the best alternative if you really like Kendall, but it's not quite right.
  • I have to agree - all 3 of your first poll are better than Kelsey or Kendall. If he seems to like K sound, maybe Cora, Kendra, Caroline, Kate/Kaitlyn, Clara, Claire?
  • I am all about Audrey! It's my husband that is between Nora and Hallie above Audrey. To me, Nora is much more popular right now than Audrey...I feel Audrey has more to offer..plus, maybe it is just me but the beginning sounds nasally. I'm actually back and forth between Audrey and Hallie. I know Hallie isn't everyone's cup of tea but to me, it's simple, sweet, girly, has a long history and not popular. But then again, I can't decide. Ughhhh...

Anyways! Thank you for suggestions! Keep em coming! I just really want something where I can say "Yes! That's the name!"
  • Also, just came across Charla...behind the name says SHAHR-LUH and also has SHAHR in the beginning of Charlotte.

You do say is like Charlotte and not Charley right?
  • BeeKayy21 said:

Also, just came across Charla...behind the name says SHAHR-LUH and also has SHAHR in the beginning of Charlotte.

You do say is like Charlotte and not Charley right?

I would pronounce it like Charlotte.
  • Audrey is a beautiful name! I also really like Kelsey.

Some other names that come to mind:

Casey
    Margot
    Candace
    Alanna
    Poppy
    Bailey
    Beth
    Brynn
    Chelsea
    Coral
    Cora