May 2016 Moms

Maternity clothes (because any excuse to shop is a good one)

With this bloat I knew I needed to get a few loose tops to hide it at work, so hubs and I went shopping today. I got the deal of the century! Two pairs of maternity yoga pants from the Gap for $3.00. Total!!

Need to buy some belly bands online today. Having a hard time getting in my jeans already. I'm blaming all the pizza I've been eating.

Have you bought anything yet??

cat fail animated GIF

Re: Maternity clothes (because any excuse to shop is a good one)

• That's an AWESOME deal on those yoga pants! I have a tons of mat stuff from my last pregnancy but I lent it to a friend who isn't due until December.....and she lives in Oregon...and she doesn't know I'm pregnant yet. HA! So, I bought some work pants, two tops, a dress, and something else....I can't remember. Geesh, preggo brain already. 
    Me: 32 DH: 35
    Married 12/7/07
    DD: Born 1/2/14 
    Baby #2 EDD 5/6/16

• I haven't gotten anything yet, but I'll probably buy a nice maternity coat. My last pregnancy I was big from like July-November, this time will be weirdly different. It was nice to be able to slip on a summery dress and flip flops, but now I'll definitely be investing in more pants.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Bltbear82Bltbear82 member
    edited September 2015
    @yogahh you're in NYC right? If you're looking for maternity stuff for work/going out Seraphine opened up a store on West Broadway. I bought a really cute winter jacket from H&M.

edit: stupid autocorrect
  • My first pregnancy I bought some cute tops and a set of belly bands, and never got to use them (MC) but now they are inboxes and in my closet. I grabbed a shirt on clearance, and one other maternity version of a favorite lace neck top from Zulily.

I wear only skirts and dresses for modesty purposes, so I already own several maxi skirts (which are pretty much yoga pants comfy in skirt form) and maxi dresses, and I suspect those will get me through a lot of the pregnancy. If not, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I even have a few maternity maxi dresses after realizing a maxi dress I got at the thrift store was in fact maternity a whole year after I bought it. Since then, I check maternity clearance for dresses since some styles work pregnant or not! At this point, I check Zulily and maternity sections, but until I actually need anything, I'm just looking for amazing deals or really really cute things I can't pass up.
  • Fortunately, I still have clothing that's a size bigger than what I was wearing pre-BFP, so I think I can avoid buying things for a while.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Going shopping this weekend probably for some loose tops, not necessarily maternity but probably worlds more comfortable than what I have now. Bc of the bloat I've already had to give up some work attire, so right now I'm pretty limited in terms of choices.
  • That's quite a steal, good job! :)

I already splurged on maternity clothes last week. I'm just waiting for them to be shipped this week. :D
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • I still have a box of clothes from my last pregnancy, but some of the stuff was used when I got it, or summer stuff, and beat to hell. So i've decided to donate some. I just picked up three long sleeve tops today on clearance. They weren't maternity, but they are super flowy, and have plenty of room to grow. I think I spent $20 total, so it was a steal. I also have a North Face jacket I think will work with a pregnant belly. It's a large (even though i'm a small) so it should handle the winter layering plus belly.

I'm kind of sad I don't need much. But I guess I can now beef up my nursing stuff for afterwards instead :)
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• I just bought these..... https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1032030&vid=1&pid=596499012 Very comfy! They will be nice in the winter months.
  • I'm still the same size I was when pregnant with DD so really don't need much. I was working in the school system and now I'm a SAHM so I will need some more jeans and casual stuff. I really don't feel like wearing dress pants. lol.

Haven't purchased anything yet but am going to Goodwill tomorrow so will be checking for some stuff. Hoping to hit up a couple of great consignment stores in the next couple of months as well. Most of my stuff last time came from thrift and consignment shops. And Old Navy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I have all of my clothes from last pregnancy. They're mainly spring and summer clothes so I bought two Maternity sweaters at Target today. Cartwheel has 20% off maternity right now whoot!
  • kmallskmalls member
    edited September 2015

I have all of my clothes from last pregnancy. They're mainly spring and summer clothes so I bought two Maternity sweaters at Target today. Cartwheel has 20% off maternity right now whoot!

WTF I forgot to check Cartwhweel and I JUST got back from buying maternity jeans and yoga pants at Target. So frustrating!

I still have a ton of winter maternity tops and sweaters from last pregnancy, but I somehow wore a hole into every single pair of maternity pants I own. I'll invest in nicer stuff from Motherhood/Pea in a Pod a little further down the road, but for now Target will do!
  • Last time I was pregnant in the summer, so I basically lived in maxi dresses and bought almost no maternity clothing. This time I'm in Oregon and it'll be winter so I'll probably have to drop some cash. Recommendations? My plan is to get 2 pretty good quality pairs of maternity jeans, a few long tank tops to layer under loose stuff I already have, and maybe one or two winter-y dresses? I guess I'll probably need to get some sort of coat I can close over my belly, hopefully I can just find something swingy and cute that I can continue to use after pregnancy.
  • I think I'm the odd one out lol. I do NOT want to wear maternity clothes until I absolutely have to. I'm hoping I can make it to 24ish weeks in my regular clothes. 
    After 3 losses,our rainbow baby is finally here! DD May 2012, #2 May 2016
  • I dread having to buy a maternity winter coat. Ugh!
  • I just bought these.....

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1032030&vid=1&pid=596499012

Very comfy! They will be nice in the winter months.

I bought a few loose tops in ON and was looking for pants. Did not see these but will be ordering today! All I want to wear is leggings, oversize sweaters and boots. Thankfully my office is a very relaxed atmosphere!

cat fail animated GIF

• @kmalls do you still have tags on them? You could return them and then repurchase with the deal!
  • How do you know what size to wear?  And how many outfits do you have to buy?  I mean does one size fit throughout the entire pregnancy or do you have to get different sizes?   I work from home so I'm thinking maybe sweat pants, elastic shorts and oversized tshirts will work for that and maybe a couple pair of jeans and a couple of shirts for when I have to leave the house?  How is this stuff sized?  Sorry I'm clueless.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • I'm seriously ready to give up pants. I've been spending the last two weeks (thanks early bloat) in maxi skirts and I picked up two more from Old Navy on sale. I'll wear those until I start to freeze and then later on when the weather warms in the spring. 

I'm dreading the maternity pants this time. Blah. 

image image
  • How do you know what size to wear?  And how many outfits do you have to buy?  I mean does one size fit throughout the entire pregnancy or do you have to get different sizes?   I work from home so I'm thinking maybe sweat pants, elastic shorts and oversized tshirts will work for that and maybe a couple pair of jeans and a couple of shirts for when I have to leave the house?  How is this stuff sized?  Sorry I'm clueless.

Unless stuff has changed from 2010, your size is your regular size. Pants have two options- a panel that you pull up and over your belly, or a stretchy band for the waist that you push down below your belly. It's personal preference really. Regular clothes work for a while but as your baby bump grows, regular shirts start inching up in the front and won't cover everything. I was able to size up and get regular pajamas and loungewear, but non pregnancy shirts looked silly at a certain point. How much you buy depends on your needs- some women can easily get away with 2-3 pairs of pants and a handful of shirts. That's my plan too! 

image image
  • All of my maternity clothes are summery. I need to go shopping but we are on a super tight budget right now. Is gap having a sale? May need to go check it out.
  • All of my maternity clothes are summery. I need to go shopping but we are on a super tight budget right now. Is gap having a sale? May need to go check it out.

When isn't gap having a sale?!?! Everything is 40% off :)

I saw target is also have buy one get one half odd. I'm going to get some belly bands from there today and maybe some leggings

cat fail animated GIF

• skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited September 2015
    Since I am a diet yo yo person I have my skinny clothes, mid size clothes and big clothes. Right now I still fit into my mid size clothes comfortably. Luckily I was dieting and working out while TTC, so I lost some weight. I still have my big size clothes I can move into, hoping that will last me a bit and then I will need to buy maternity clothes.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • I needed a few pairs of work pants for the fall anyway, so I bought some maternity work pants and a pair of jeans.

Mind you, I have 3 bins of maternity clothes up in the attic from my last pregnancy... and DS was only due 6 weeks after this baby so everything should be along the same season... but that didn't stop me from buying more stuff anyway!

image        image

• edited September 2015
    For me, I bought a bunch of clothes pre-BFP from TB dress (tbdress.com I think) - loose shirt type dresses that go to my knees that I can cinch at the waist with a belt while I'm bloated. And when my tummy finally starts growing, I can lose the belt and add a long necklace instead, and it will still look good with leggings as my belly expands and the dress shortens. But I was planning to wear these for when I was pregnant, so I guess it counts as maternity shopping? :P

I also bought a few of their vintage dresses because they zip up the sides, and are stretchy. When my bump or boobs get I uncomfy I can lower the zipper and put a jacket over it. Thank you, winter time! Lol.

Edit: words fail.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Just checked out the Gap 40% off and got a few maternity basics. I think my biggest challenge will be to find professional clothes, gap has some nice dress pants and skirts and I hope they are comfy for the last tri.  
  • Lusitano8 said:

Just checked out the Gap 40% off and got a few maternity basics. I think my biggest challenge will be to find professional clothes, gap has some nice dress pants and skirts and I hope they are comfy for the last tri.  

@Lusitano8 -- Ann Taylor Loft has a great maternity department! Good options for work clothes. Online only, but with checking out!
  • I feel you girly. The bloat has got me bad, but fortunately I live in California and its still in the high 90's - 100's, so I can wear my giant maxi dresses and skirts for comfort. I haven't bought anything yet but I am thinking about getting a "belly band" for the days I need to wear pants.
  • PSA: select Petunia Picklebottom diaper bags are on sale at Nordstrom right now. I just scored a $200 bag for $85!

I know it's not a maternity clothing item, but you know...shopping.
  • Fortunately I didn't get rid of my maternity clothes. I was so close to doing it and then it got packed up and put away for another time. What do you know.... I'm preggers. Baby is 11 months. Luckily I kept the new baby gear..... er no one offered on craigslist. Now I know why. .. bc this was meant to be.
  • I have got pretty much all my clothes off eBay and swap.com gently used! All the jeans, pants, and shirts I got were between $5-$10 a piece I think!
  • Only at 5 weeks now but I feel much bigger with this one then my DD.  I guess because it's the second time around and they say your uterus grows faster?  Not sure, but I know that I feel like I'm too big for my normal work stuff.  I'll probably check out Target, Kohls and motherhood maternity stuff online.  They are a good brand and true to size so I feel comfortable not trying it on before purchasing.  
    Pregnancy Ticker