August 2015 Moms
Options

arm implants?

Sorry about all the posting today!! Just have lots of questions.

Have any of you ladies gotten the bc implant in your arm? What were your experiences? Pros and cons? Side effects?? Thanks.

Re: arm implants?

• Options
    I don't have it but a good friend of mine does and she loves it. She's had it for years and said she has had no issues with it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Miz_Liz said:

No experience, but I totally had to google this...I thought you wanted implants to make your arms look jacked!

This is what I thought when I read the thread title too! Lol
  • Options
    I'm assuming you're asking about implanon? If so, that's what I am getting at my 6 weeks check up. So no experience just yet.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I also have no experience but planning on getting it.
  • Options
    For those getting implanon how did you make the decision, what were your pros for going with it?? Experience or not just what made you decide.
  • Options
    Miz_Liz said:
    No experience, but I totally had to google this...I thought you wanted implants to make your arms look jacked!
    hahaha, this is what i thought too! I was so curious
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

For those getting implanon how did you make the decision, what were your pros for going with it?? Experience or not just what made you decide.

Had a HORRIBLE experience with the IUD and I don't want the pill. Those were the only 2 I am/was willing to try. So, this is the next best option until we can figure out who's getting fixed and when :)
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • Options
    Miz_Liz said:

Hahaha!!! I guess I should have worded that differently ... but yes, I meant implanon. I like the idea of not having to take a pill.
  • Options
    I'm getting it at my 6 week appointment. I'm too forgetful to take the pill and I had the 3 month shot but got it a few weeks late and got pregnant. So I want something more long-term.
  • Options
    I had it before ttc my second. To me it was great. No side effects at all. If you do well with the mini pill, the inplanon should be fine.
  • Options

Had a HORRIBLE experience with the IUD and I don't want the pill. Those were the only 2 I am/was willing to try. So, this is the next best option until we can figure out who's getting fixed and when :)
    I for sure dont want IUD and I dont think ill remember the pill, but its no secret I think most on here have seen many times id really like to do nothing since ive never been on BC before, but God help me if I had irish twins.
  • Options
    @SashaDenn25 baby A may want a little brother/sister so..... ;)
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • Options
    Oh and DSD welcomes all new babies lol she told me and mommy we should have more!
  • Options
    Im getting it!!!!  Sounds better than the iud...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My experience was negative, awful mood swings, I was so depressed, gained weight like crazy, also I bleed (HEAVILY) for months at a time. Dr kept saying it would regulate, well it never did so after two years I had it taken out. I have heard of women having success with it, I think I may just be one of the horror stories :(
  • Options
    The thought of the IUD scares me a little bit. I like the implant idea because its a 1 time deal as opposed to the shot. I not good with pills and read online that taking at the same time everyday is even more important with the mini pill....nope. Not worth the risk so implant it is
  • Options
    I'm sure it differs per person but I had a bad experience. Mood swings, decreased sex drive and it triggered my arthritis to flare up. But I'm also that person that has had Side effects with every BC.

• Options
    Like all forms of BC you are going to find people who have had bad reactions. I have been on a lot of the types that are prone to cause issues (ring, patch, yaz pill) and never had issues. Not that it means I won't here. I know there are risks with it and I know I may not like it. But I am making the decision that I feel best suites my needs and my lifestyle. If i dont like it, it will be removed and i will try something else. In all honesty, I was leaning toward an IUD until I heard it was getting lodge into places it shouldn't. That scares me more becuse its not just having it removed and choosing something else.
  • Options
    I had a bad time with my implanon. Same as @toccoaparker - mood swings, weight gain, and bleeding for months at a time. Had it removed a year early because I just couldn't deal anymore.
  • Options
    Miz_Liz said:

Me too!!
  • Options
    So like some have already said, I had a very bad experience. Because I already suffer from depression, it made it to where I had suicidal thoughts. That wasn't until the two and a half year mark. My cramps were terrible, like put you on your ass terrible. I didn't have the weight gain, but I would over heat very quickly. But hey, the damn thing worked and I didn't get pregnant until I got off of it and onto the pilll.

But every one is different. It may work, it may not. That's the thing with b.c. you NEVER know
  • Options
    I got mine yesterday. It hurts like crazy today. I had depo then the pill. I gained a little weight on the depo but not much. I am worried about the bleeding with this. Hopefully it works out of me
  • Options
    I definitely thought this was going to v a "what would you do if you had 2 extra arms" thread because, let's face it, we would all benefit from the ability to do 4 things at once instead of just two. I would have had a lot to add to that kind of thread but no experience with the inplanon. The idea of sex makes me cringe so I haven't even thought about BC. I guess it's something I will talk to my doctor about at my PP visit.
  • Options

I definitely thought this was going to v a "what would you do if you had 2 extra arms" thread because, let's face it, we would all benefit from the ability to do 4 things at once instead of just two. I would have had a lot to add to that kind of thread but no experience with the inplanon. The idea of sex makes me cringe so I haven't even thought about BC. I guess it's something I will talk to my doctor about at my PP visit.

I would love to have two extra arms! Then I could actually get something done!
  • Options
    When my doctor tried to sell me on the nexplanon, she told me that someone once asked if they were getting a brand new arm.  They thought implant = transplant.  I seriously hope that person was joking. 
    BabyFruit Ticker