Baby Showers
Options

question!

So I'm not having a baby shower because well I dont want one and no one has offered to host one for me. However Im having a last 'get together' with about 5 friends and my mum. I have very clearly stated that this is not a baby shower. My question is my pregnancy has just been moved to high risk I had planned to have this get together the first week of mat leave but wondering if I should have it sooner in case I get put on bed rest or something similar.

Re: question!

• Options
    How soon before your DD is that? I'm a FTM so someone else could probably offer you better advice but I'd imagine if you're very close to your DD you will be tired and possibly uncomfortable. Especially with the risk you mentioned, it might be wiser to move it to an earlier time. And as it's not a shower with a venue/invites etc. I imagine you must be fairly flexible with your dates. Good luck!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My DD is 12th Dec but im booked in for a C/S between 37-38 weeks. The get together was planned for 35 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You might bump it up a little bit. I was very tired starting into my 8th month of pregnancy. If you are getting together just to eat or doing something relaxing where you are not standing at all then you are probably ok to get together as planned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you'll be really bummed that you missed your get together in the event that the baby comes earlier, I'd move it up a week or two.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    Move it up and get a prego massage while you're out!