Baby Names

Please help me and give your opinions on our final list!

SamAdams2006SamAdams2006 member
edited September 2015 in Baby Names
This is my third post and your help has been incredibly appreciated thus far. After all, it was thanks to you ladies that I permanently vetoed the name "Jet"!! DH and I have finally agreed on 3 different names. I would love to hear your opinions! The middle name will be Beth and our last name starts with an R and ends in a CK. Thanks so much!!

Please help me and give your opinions on our final list! 120 votes

Ramona
40% 49 votes
Mallory
57% 69 votes
Rydell
1% 2 votes

Re: Please help me and give your opinions on our final list!

• Love Mallory. Ramona is nice. Toss rydell.
  • solitude1984solitude1984 member
    edited September 2015
    I love Ramona. Rydell is horrible IMO.
  • Loading the player...
  • Love Mallory and Ramona. Mallory makes me think of Archer ( love that show) and Ramona makes me think of Scott Pilgram (also awesome)
  • I voted Mallory, but it was a hard choice between that and Ramona.

Rydell also makes me think of Grease. Not a fan.

• No to Rydell.

Happy to hear the Jet veto. I met a little Jet IRL. My friend said "Jen??" Mom said "JeT".

My friend and I exchanged WTAF texts after the event was over.

This is what happens to the Jets and Rydells of the world, people.
  • bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited September 2015
    How the heck is Rydell on witH two such fantastic names? Rydell is laughable. Mallory got my vote but Ramona is nice

• Yeah in all actuality Rydell is my least favorite, it's in the running because DH and I met in our high school theatre department and were in Grease together. He came up with it and I got some positive feedback from family, but I think they might have just been being polite. He is a big fan of Rydell and is the one who came up with Jet as well. I'm glad I listed it though, I don't want to have a child with a name that is constantly side eyed and laughed at.
  • I love Mallory. I think it's beautiful, classic, and underused.
  • I like Mallory, I just can't get over the sad meaning if the name. I know not everyone cares about that though.

Ramona is awesome. I love it.

NAF of rydell.
  • I voted for Ramona. Mallory is nice but a little 70s/80s for my taste.

For Rydell all I can think of is when the boys make fun of the girls in Grease.
    Do a split, give a yell. Shake a tit for old Rydell.

• Ramona is refreshing, I haven't heard it in a long time. Yet still a known, easily spelled name. Mallory is nice, too, but Ramona gets my vote. 
    imageimage

• I agree with the Grease reference.  My first immediate thought.

Mallory is a very pretty name.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• I like Ramona!

Also love the Sublime song though. Haha. Mallory would be my runner up.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Mallory easily got my vote. I really like it!
  • I love Ramona! 

I agree with others - let Rydell go. It doesn't even come close to Ramona or Mallory. 
  • If you want a nod to to Grease why not Sandy? It's classy and doesn't scream "grease".
  • Ramona then Mallory

Absolutely not Rydell
  • I voted Mallory, because of the possible nn of Mona for Ramona. Mona makes me want to gag a little, but Ramona is nice. Would Romy be too far of a stretch for a nn? (If you guys are the nn type of course)
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Hate all three, sorry.
  • I'm personally not a fan of Ramona because of the Real Housewives association, and I don't like the "moan" sound in there.

Mallory is okay, although it doesn't feel current nor classic.

Not sure of the origin of Rydell, it may have a long history, it just feels made up/unfamiliar to me personally.

• I really like Mallory. Your husband should be banned from naming all children forever! Rydell is horrendous. Please don't even entertain his ridiculous suggestions.
  • I like Mallory but Ramona is adorable and very unexpected. A big fat nope to whatever the hell Rydell is.

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Yes @breezycat you are right, he should be banned from anything to do with names! And @emilyray14 Romy is what we would use as a nn! I love having Ramona as a full name and then Romy as a nn, amongst a sea of girls with names like Paisley and Layla I wanted a really strong sounding full name and a cute nn so she could use that if she wanted.
  • What I think of when I hear your names:

Nothing comes to mind like that for Mallory, so I guess I would go with that.