Health & Exercise

Chronically ill & Pregnant?

edited September 2015 in Health & Exercise
Hi All! - 

I did a search here for Fibromyalgia within these boards and it seems to be mentioned often enough but mostly within those 'month' groups that i didnt want to comment on and hijack the threads. I would love to meet some Fibro Mommies and talk about how you managed/manage while pregnant. I have tried over 18 different fibro meds and what ended up working is not the most desirable combination of things. I am really interested to hear what others did while pregnant. What medications you felt safe taking and which ones you definitely went off of. Also if you went off them, how did you manage without them? Its a very tough spot to be in for sure. 

My doctors/midwives are all well aware of my situation and its been pretty much decided that remaining on small doses of my meds are understandable due to the severity of my fibro, but i am still really trying to figure out what to do and how i will manage because I would prefer to be on nothing. I am not yet pregnant  but my first IUI is tomorrow! :)

Re: Chronically ill & Pregnant?

• I have no experience on this at all. And this is anecdotal and third hand, but my co-workers sister has it and had a very healthy pregnancy. She felt better pregnant than not. Just a positive though. Baby is totally healthy. GL.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga