November 2015 Moms

Weird pains down there...TMI

Every once and a while I will get these weird twinge like pains in my vagina. They only last for a second or so and it almost feels like I have to pee but I don't. It freaks me out and I wonder if my water is going to break every time. I don't think it's baby girl kicking but I honestly do not know...anyone else have this or any ideas on what it could be?

Re: Weird pains down there...TMI

• I get them every once in a while, my doctors told me that it's actually a small contraction and nothing to worry about! But not to freak you out any you should still check with your doctor because I had a total rupture at 31 weeks and now laying in hospital bed!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been having these too maybe once or twice a day but not every day and just thought it was baby moving. After reading this I think I will call my doctors office tomorrow.
  • Pretty sure it is just baby kicking your cervix :)

It is horrible though, that split second 'I'm gonna wee!!!' feeling, hahaha!

• Lightening crotch!

Google what this is and see if it sounds right. Weird name but that's probably what it is!
    YCSWU
  • Yep lightening crotch lol it's like a jolt

• Lightning crotch for sure! My girlfriends warned me about this. It just started happening for me at 32 weeks! Luckily it's fleeting :)
  • Lightning crotch basically baby puts pressure on cervix feels exactly like it sounds. Mine gets worse when I walk alot.
  • (I'm piggybacking on this thread because I don't want to start one that would be nearly identical)

I had a weird pain last night in my labia. Just one labia was super achey last night, a sensation I'd sometimes experience during a particularly heavy period. After icing it it felt better, and doesn't hurt today. Anyone else had this? It was pretty weird
    Baby number 1 on the way!
  • (I'm piggybacking on this thread because I don't want to start one that would be nearly identical)

I had a weird pain last night in my labia. Just one labia was super achey last night, a sensation I'd sometimes experience during a particularly heavy period. After icing it it felt better, and doesn't hurt today. Anyone else had this? It was pretty weird

I've had it a few times. My thought was that LO was probably laying on some nerve in just the right way to short out one half lol.
    Me: 28 DBF: 30
    BFP#1 07/10/14 EDD 3/14/15 Diagnosed with Blighted Ovum 08/18/14
    BFP#2  3/17/15 EDD 11/22/15
    BabyFetus Ticker

This had happened to me a couple times after overdoing a workout. Did you lift anything heavy the day before?
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • A nurse just told me yesterday that I shouldn't have more than four pains a day. I started to ask what she meant by pains and she cut me off by saying not to over analyze it.
    Her explaining lightning crotch would have helped more.
  • A nurse just told me yesterday that I shouldn't have more than four pains a day. I started to ask what she meant by pains and she cut me off by saying not to over analyze it.
    Her explaining lightning crotch would have helped more.

I think health professionals assume we know exactly what they're talking about. More details are great-- especially for a panicy soon-to-be mom!
    Baby number 1 on the way!
  • Yea I feel like I'm having serious pressure making it feel like LO could just fall out!
  • I definitely experience this. Especially after working a long day. I went hiking a few days ago and I swear it felt like her foot was going to come out of my crotch any minute lol. I carry her very low though, so any pains like that I just assume it's her kicking and moving. My inner thighs ache from all the pressure.
  • I have been having really intense labia pain. I made an appointment to go in on Monday because it has been so bad. Apparently it can just be swelling from being on my feet all day or it can be varicose veins. It's been causing me to limp. Icing it and tylenol seem to help, but after a long day of work I am just miserable.