Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Stillborn at 22 weeks :(

Hello fellow mommies, I am writing to vent to you all. I lost my son a month ago. I was 22 weeks along. I feel so angry lately because I don't understand why this happened to me and my husband. We wanted him so bad. I look at other pregnant women now and I'm angry that they are still pregnant and  will be having their babies. I feel jealous of them and wish I was still pregnant. I also feel guilty for trying to get back to my normal life and be somewhat happy again....I know that sounds silly but its really how I feel.  Any one else experience a late pregnancy loss? When it happens so late  and you still have to deliver your baby knowing they will be still born in the end, it stings a little bit more. Not to minimize mommies who lose babies earlier, it just takes on a whole other range of emotions to me, Any advice you other mommies can give me will be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Stillborn at 22 weeks :(

• I am so, so sorry for you loss.  My latest loss was only 9.5 weeks and though that was traumatizing, I fully agree with you that a late loss would be a million times worse than a first trimester miscarriage.  So I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and sorry you're going through this.  Don't feel guilty about trying to get back to a normal life; I am sure that you have had more than your fair share of intense grief through this process. Also, it's completely normal to feel angry and to be jealous of other pregnant women.  I had 2 miscarriages in a year and definitely felt like that the whole time. Sometimes I was ashamed at what a negative/angry person I had become, but everything I've read says that is a normal way to feel after going through pregnancy loss. Sending you lots of love!
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I had a mmc discovered at 13 weeks, but I agree, a late term loss would be more devastating. You will definitely find support here, but you may also want to check out the late term pregnancy/ child loss. They may be able to have more understanding of your situation.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how devastating it must be to deliver a still born baby. :( I just lost my baby at 14 weeks and that was devastating enough, so I can only imagine your pain. Wish I had advice for you. I've read a couple books on miscarriage which greatly helped me, and there are also support groups irl that might help you to connect with other mommies experiencing similar loss.
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Thank you @whit3183 @Sinnet and @rachrobertson for the kind words.
    I really appreciate it. This forum has really helped me out.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and your husband. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child at 22 weeks. I hope you and your husband are finding ways to cope and heal. I miscarried at 8 weeks and completely understand your anger/envy toward pregnant women. Seems like there are so many moms out there who couldn't care less about their children, yet they had healthy, successful pregnancies. Life just isn't fair sometimes, but I find comfort in knowing that God has a bigger plan for me. Sometimes we don't see the whole picture.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. <3
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Mine have been at 14 and 9 wks so I did not have to deliver.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my twins on May 8, 2015 at 22 weeks and 4 days. My due date was supposed to be on Labor Day. I have a friend that was due the same day and just had her baby. It's definitely not easy. I feel your pain. Hugs
  • I am very sorry for your loss.  We lost our daughter May 2, 2015 at 21 wk 5 day and understand how devastating it is to have a loss in the 2nd trimester.  Our due date would have been today.  To add to our sorrow, we just had our 2nd miscarriage this week at 8 weeks 4 day.  I have many friends who are pregnant now or recently had children and it's so hard to be around them and try to be happy for them.  I feel guilty for not sharing in their joy, when we feel so empty due to our losses.  I read this book called Always Loved: Grieving the loss of a child after losing our daughter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W7WBU80?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_  It did help to know there are others out there who have been through the same experience and have gone on to have happy and healthy babies in the future.  Please do not lose hope, we will be Mommies some day <3 
  • I just lost my daughter at 26 weeks. I had to deliver her. I'm currently setting up a memorial service and burial for her. I had her on September 11th. This is fairly new to me. I t has been the fast 5 days of my life. Everything was going perfect and then my life turned upside down when I hadn't felt her move for two days. I went to the hospital and they said her heart had stopped beating. My last prenatal appointment was September 1st and her heart rate was 150. Please pray my strength to make it through this.
  • I am so sorry you must be devastated. I have just lost my precious baby at 10 weeks and that has been tough enough. To read that some of you have lost even further along is truly heartbreaking. I hope you all have someone to support you through this horrible time xx