LGBT Parenting

3rd Try

Hey All, I used to frequent this board a while ago as RikkiandJulie, however a lot has changed in the past two years, and now DW And I are trying to have a baby. We purchased 5 viles from NY Cryos and will have try three tomorrow. This round we are using follistim/letrazole/ovidrel/progesterone suppositories. She triggered last night at 10p and we will have an iui tomorrow at 9a.

DW doesn't typically ovulate in her own, and when she does its waaaay delayed. The first cycle it was day 26 with clomid, and the second try it was day 19 with clomid and one shot of gonal-f. This time she was ready by day 12 and she has two perfect mature follicles. Hopefully this time we can catch at least one.

No one could have mentally prepared me for the emotional heartache of TTC, I thought k was prepared, but each cycle is devastating, granted it's only been two failed attempts and that's nothing on the TTC spectrum, but it doesn't make it easier.

I sometimes fear that DW and I are chasing this dream that the universe doesn't want for us, that it'll never happen. I know that whiney and self pitying but it's true.

Hopefully I can find some support from all of you new bumpies and old.

Re: 3rd Try

• I agree - We thought we were prepared for this roller coaster of emotions that comes with TTC, however, we're finding that each cycle we are not nearly as prepared as we thought. 

Fingers crossed for you - I hope everything goes well.  Just know that you aren't alone in your feelings.  Everything that you both are feeling is exactly what my wife and I have been feeling too. 
  • Thanks for the good luck. We are feeling pretty good about this cycle, but trying not to get our hopes up. It's rough too when both of her sister in laws are currently expecting.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yes, that makes it so much harder! I understand, two of my coworkers just announced that they are both pregnant.

• I am pretty sure every person we know is pregnant except us . We are in our first two week wait. We have done multiple tests (way too early) because we couldn't handle the waiting game and of course they have been negative. I am so bummed and feeling negative. My wife is great at trying to help keep my stress down :)

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay for two big fat follies!  That is excellent news.  And I mean-- even if this cycle doesn't work, her body has managed to ovulate properly this time, and that means it's capable of doing it again.  You just need one good egg.

But it sounds like you've got great conditions for this IUI.  I just had my 4th IUI this morning, with the best looking follies so far!  My fingers are crossed for both our families!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• The IUI went really well. The nurse said that this was Julie easiest IUI to thread meaning that everything "should" be in the right spot, I got to push the plunger (I hadn't made it to the others), and we had the best post wash sperm analysis yet 68% motile!

Things feel really good this time. I'm trying to me a pessimist, or overly optimistic, I'm just trying to live in the moment with it all.

It's also crazy bc we won't be POAS at all due to the false negative the trigger can give, and her progesterone will cause her period to be late, so we have no real way of knowing until the BETA.

Let's hope this one takes.
  • Good luck! Waiting is so hard. It sounds like you're doing everything you can do and being as patient as possible. Keep us updated!
  • GL...the waiting game is never easy but when that BFP shows up it'll all be worth it. I've only gone through 1 unmedicated cycle at home with my wife (unsuccessful) and starting cycle 2 next month already feels like years of TTC. Here's to sticking together and encouraging each other. May we all get to meet out little ones soon!
    ME: 28  Wife: 28
    Together since June 2005 - Married May 2015 - TTC since July 2015
    Dx: PCOS and Donor Sperm

**Trigger Warning**
    08/2015 at home IUI = BFN
    IUI #1 - 11/2015 - 50MG Clomid + 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)
    IUI #3 - 07/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #4 - 08/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = ???