May 2016 Moms

Outed Myself!

So, I totally just outed myself at work.  GAH!  I was holding some chocolate and they were teasing me about chocolate at this hour and I just said that I was craving it.  Then one of the the ladies asked me point blank if I was pregnant and my face totally gave me away.  I told them yes and that I am still pretty early, but I already know this will spread like wildfire. 

:-w
*Married 7/29/11
BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

Re: Outed Myself!

• DD outed me to the ILs this weekend X(
    And I have no poker face so mil knew it was true. Then I had to tell my parents because MIL will FB it asap.

I had an announcement planned also :(
  • I've been so afraid I will slip up. I am so ready to tell people at work. If people really paid attention, they'd notice my eating habits have changed. I eat a whole lot more now! And every time someone heats up their lunch, it sounds good and I want them to share with me!
    JCrew Blog

Big brother was born August 24, 2011.
    Little brother was born October 1, 2012.
    Brother #3 due 5/4/16; born 5/2/16.

• Loading the player...
  • DD outed me to the ILs this weekend X( And I have no poker face so mil knew it was true. Then I had to tell my parents because MIL will FB it asap. I had an announcement planned also :(
    I am so sorry!  That sucks.  It also sucks that the ILs would out your secret.
    I've been so afraid I will slip up. I am so ready to tell people at work. If people really paid attention, they'd notice my eating habits have changed. I eat a whole lot more now! And every time someone heats up their lunch, it sounds good and I want them to share with me!
    Haha, I am the exact opposite.  Everyone cooks gross smelling these here.  Yuck!
    *Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• DD outed me to the ILs this weekend X( And I have no poker face so mil knew it was true. Then I had to tell my parents because MIL will FB it asap. I had an announcement planned also :(
    Just tell them not to FB it?

Also, were you not going to tell them before you announced on FB? You can totally still do one even if they know.
    Just tell them not to FB it?

Also, were you not going to tell them before you announced on FB? You can totally still do one even if they know.

Agreed! Some of my family and friends know just based on circumstances, but we still plan to do a bigger announcement later on. I would definitely speak up about keeping it off social media if that's what you want, its your news to share and there sure seem to be a lot of people out there who could use a lesson about sharing stories that aren't theirs to tell!

Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • We tell certain family members and close friends about our babies and then tell them to keep it off social media. With our oldest we kept it off social media until he was born, with our 2nd until we knew he was a boy and with this one will be until at least week 20 as well :) we prefer the privacy, and everyone respects our wishes...thankfully :)
  • I feel your pain! My best friend was over the other weekend and wanted to drink and I said no and she was like ARE YOU PREGNANT!? I am SO BAD at lying... I said no I quit drinking since we were trying (which she already knew)... I wanted to say yes so badly, but we hadn't told anyone yet at that point and we're tell my mother in law this week yet so we're slowly telling people. I'm not sure if she saw through me or not. But we haven't really talked since then :(

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • I have the worst poker face too! I gave myself away to 2 friends who asked point blank if I was pregnant and I totally froze. I wasn't planning on telling friends until I was a little further along, but oh well.

It's so hard to lie when you're asked so directly!