2nd Trimester
Options

Help! Best shoes for support at work??

edited August 2015 in 2nd Trimester
Hello, I am 19wks and work at a retail store where I am on my feet all day. My nikes have worn out (they weren't that supportive to begin with) and I'm looking for something that will give me the best support for being on my feet all day. I'm already dealing with a sore back/knees and ankles by the end of my work day. Any suggestions on what brand or kind of shoe to try? Thanks in advance!

Re: Help! Best shoes for support at work??

• Options
    Have you looked into Dansko? They are supposed to be some of the best.
  • Options
    I totally agree with the PP. They aren't the cutest things in the world but Danskos are amazing. I've had surgery on my foot/leg and these were recommended by my physical therapists.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I'm not working now so idk. But how about the sketchers with memory foam? Everyone I know who has had them says great things.
  • Options
    I wear asics and I swear by them. Make sure you get the ones with gel. Best investment by far.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love Danskos! I'm a nurse, so on my feet and easily get a sore back. I actually wear mine for regular shoes now too because it's better than any tennis shoe I've found. They're pricey, but worth it. I've got 8 pairs I wear regularly and rotate through.
  • Options
    hush puppies 
  • Options
    Momona1Momona1 member
    edited September 2015
    I also recommend clogs. I mostly wear wooden clogs, but the soft bottom ones are great for arch support and comfort. The Clog Outlet website has some good deals. 

• Options
    They aren't shoes but all of us pregnant women should be looking into compression socks or hose (whatever meets your style and comfort better). THOSE WILL make a big difference. I'm a nurse and love them when I'm not pregnant. If you're on your feet a lot they will help reduce swelling in your lower legs and have always reduced how much my feet hurt by the end of the day. They keep your veins healthy and decrease your chances of developing varicose veins. Do yourself and your legs a favor and get them! (They're also good if you're sitting all day to help decrease how much fluid goes into your feet while sitting. If you sit all day, you'll want to make sure to do simple flexion or moving around frequently. This is especially important pregnant but also important when not. Sitting all day increases your chances to develop blood clots in dependent areas like your calves).
    -Kimberly :) 
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have 2 pairs of Danskos and will be looking into a 3rd pair possibly. I love them! Plus, they add a little bit of height for me and make it so that my pant legs don't drag on the floor, like they usually do with flats.  
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! :) gives me an idea on where to start looking. Ps. I'm new to the discussion page and didn't know any of you had responded until I stumbled upon my post again. I've "favorited" the post but still didn't receive any notification any had responded. Is there a way to receive notifications? Or do I have to keep checking back/scrolling the posts looking for mine to see if people responded? Sorry for my ignorance and thank you in advance!
  • Options
    I have the same problem with these posts, I have no clue how to receive notifications.  So, sorry, can't help you there.  However, I'm a huge advocate of cheap shoes, expensive insoles.  I have difficult feet to fit, my arches flatten as I walk, so I've never found an off the shelf pair of shoes that are comfortable.  I LOVE the insoles that you bake for 15 minutes and then stand on for 2 minutes and they're molded it your foot shape.  I have three pairs and they are in all my shoes.  I used to hike 9 miles a day in steel toed boots for work so I've definitely put them to the test and they have held up!