May 2016 Moms

Ways to cope with pregnancy after a miscarriage *loss mentioned*

khall0khall0 member
edited September 2015 in May 2016 Moms
So early this year my partner and I discovered we were pregnant with twins, no ivf, just stupid luck. We were scared, nervous but most of all excited. We told his parents at 11 weeks after 2 successful ultrasounds and seeing their lovely little heartbeats. We invited my mother in law to the 12 week ultrasound. We arrive with our blank dvd only to be told the words "the pregnancy has failed". My world crumbled. I had a d and c on the 26th of June as I just couldn't wait for it to pass naturally knowing I was carrying my two precious babies. I waited for my period, 5 weeks later and last week found out I'm four weeks pregnant. I didn't know how I would feel, nervous? Anxious that it could happen again? I decided, new pregnancy, new rules. I feel quite relaxed now, I know the worst that can happen and I know I can deal with it. I've decided that each week we pass it this pregnancy I will buy a little momento to celebrate that. Is anyone else in a similar situation? What coping mechanisms are you using?

Re: Ways to cope with pregnancy after a miscarriage *loss mentioned*

• I'm so sorry for your losses. 

I have had a few losses myself and it is hard.  I try very hard not to think about them.  I guess I feel like... whatever is going to happen, is going to happen.  I might as well spend this time happy instead of nervous.  And I count days until my next appointment :)

I know there are lots of other moms here who are in the same boat - the bump can also be a great place of support!

Good luck and best wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months!

image        image

• Honestly, I worry every minute of the day. But my mantra is "in this moment, everything is fine". I try to relax, try not to think about it. I also found that getting a doppler (after 15 weeks) really eased my mind with DD. 

Good luck :)
    After 3 losses,our rainbow baby is finally here! DD May 2012, #2 May 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for you losses.

I had a miscarriage last July, After trying for 3 years. This time around I'm incredibly anxious and worry about every little twinge or cramp I feel. As each day passes I'm calmer but that nagging feeling never really goes away. I try to stay calm and focus on the positive and I'm anxiously awaiting my 1st appointment.
  • I am so sorry for your loss.

I had a miscarriage in July at 8 weeks and waited one cycle and here we are. I honestly am scared every day that something can happen but I just try and stay positive and think there is a reason I am pregnant again. I honestly feel in my heart that this pregnancy is just meant to be. I try more to focus on day to day rather than think of the "what ifs" or think about 3 weeks from now when I go to my U/S. My thoughts and prayers are with you that you will have a H&H 9 mos. My advice is to just take it easy and listen to your heart. Good luck momma☺
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, and not having experienced one myself I truly can't imagine how scary this time must be for you. I remember on my last BMB, loss was a discussion topic often. My favorite piece of advice that one Bumpie offered was that she always celebrated each day she was pregnant. Her motto became "Today I am pregnant. Today I am happy and full of hope for the future." This really resonated with me because it fits with so many issues in life, not just pregnancy. Congratulations to you, and here's to today for all of us!
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • I have had two losses, one a mmc in 2011 and one  loss at 5.5 weeks in April.  It is so hard to be pregnant after it.  I had a rainbow baby ( my adorble 3.5 year DS) after my mmc and I pray pray pray everyday this will be my rainbow baby this time around.  It is nerve racking but I just try to breathe deeply and just to just enjoy it and live with the mantra what will be will be.  I am seeing an RE this time, so I do get weekly u/s up until 10 weeks so that helps with the anxiety but still it is tough.  I hope you find some solace in that you aren't alone.  Hugs and Here to a happy and healthy 9 mths!