November 2015 Moms

Why you shouldn't bitch about your baby shower. Warning: Long Rant!

2»

Re: Why you shouldn't bitch about your baby shower. Warning: Long Rant!

• I agree with you 100%. Took me 5 years to get pregnant, and I don't expect a shower or gifts. So far I have bought all the stuff for my LO. I have been offered a shower and is not like I'm not grateful, but I been expecting her for years that all I want is to buy everything she is going to need.
  • Very well said. I'm a FTM, and honestly the only reason I wanted a shower was to play the games with family and friends lol. And food. I think baby shower games are awesome, but I'm a dork.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for this!! It's a must read.
  • Amen! Hallelujah! Preach! PRAISE BABY JESUS!
    You go girl

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This post makes me want to hit my exclamation point repeatedly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ooooner said:

This post makes me want to hit my exclamation point repeatedly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eleventy!!!1111!!!!!!!!1!!!
  • Yes yes yes x10000
    I found it so tiring each individual thread of people thinking it's acceptable to create to moan about their own 'woe is me' baby shower situation. 'I don't like this, will I get this, but what happens if this..' It's like a wave of the same topic hits the board and individuals feel the need to post a new thread about it. There should be one baby shower thread for people to discuss, less of the 'poor me' dramas, and more gratitude that we've all got this far with seemingly healthy babies growing inside us. Gahhhhh.
  • Amazing very well put..
  • modanz1 said:

Maybe we need to change the title to "Why you shouldn't bitch about your baby shower" So that people read it before posting their complaints about their baby showers.  Because clearly none of these recent posters are getting to this....or they have, "I prefer to start my own thread" syndrome.

I love this
  • I loved this post! I agree with renaming the title to stop bitching about your baby shower. Stop bitching about your gifts, stop bitching about the games that are being played (I read a girl yelled at a family member for playing the toilet paper belly game because she felt fat) If you don't get a shower, tough tittie said the kitty. Be a mom and buy your own shit.
  • The bump should make a feature where you can block posts that contain certain words in the title of the post. So we can block the posts from our personal feed such as "baby shower", "gestational diabetes" , etc. it would be such a nice feature to filter out posts we don't want to see.
  • The bump should make a feature where you can block posts that contain certain words in the title of the post. So we can block the posts from our personal feed such as "baby shower", "gestational diabetes" , etc. it would be such a nice feature to filter out posts we don't want to see.

This is a great idea, but people will just start titling with things like "Advice..." or "I need help...!" so we still have to look at them...
  • MaeMae91 said:

The bump should make a feature where you can block posts that contain certain words in the title of the post. So we can block the posts from our personal feed such as "baby shower", "gestational diabetes" , etc. it would be such a nice feature to filter out posts we don't want to see.

This is a great idea, but people will just start titling with things like "Advice..." or "I need help...!" so we still have to look at them...
    I wonder if you can make a way of blocking the user and then if they post something you just wouldn't be able to see it.

Wouldn't that be niceeee.
  • I'm a little late to the party, but thank you!!! I am so very tired of whiny, entitled baby shower posts. Could not agree with this more. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• edited September 2015
    More people need to read this. Brava. Though I do feel like everyone should have a "shower" in the sense that people come together to celebrate with them, it's obviously not a given and gifts, IMO are just extra. 

I will not be having a shower for this baby and frankly, any positive acknowledgment would be nice. I don't give a shit about the gifts. I would be pathetically grateful if just one person in my life acted like this was a blessing and not like I'm a dumb skank. 

I second the motion to sticky this. 
    Do unto others.