Dads & Dads-to-be

Husband seems jealous of me and my "mom" title

I am wondering if anyone else is dealing with the issue I'm having. I'm not sure if the people in here are all dads or a mixture of moms and dads but any feedback will help. Ever since we had our baby my husband has seemed kind of jealous of me especially with the Breastfeeding and everything. Instead of feeling support from him I feel like he is constantly in competition with me. I haven't said much about it but I'm very intuitive and I can tell. It's so odd that even one day I made a joke like I wish you could lactate too and he responded "do they have ways to do that?". It's very strange for me because I am a full time working mom (also his decision) but since he has a flexible schedule he took on the role of watching our baby twice a week so we only have to pay for day care part time. He's kind of been in control of a lot of things in our relationship (money etc) so maybe I was silly to think that he would actually give me more of the control being that I am "mom". A couple arguments we've had he's referred to him as " my child" (his child). It goes deeper than this-Sometimes I feel like he only married me so I could provide him children and grandchildren for his parents. I don't always feel loved for who I am. Anyways my question is this normal? Most people on here seem to be wanting their husbands to be more involved with the baby . I haven't heard any of my friends have this problem! I would really like to hear for other dad's or dad's to be. Thanks!

Re: Husband seems jealous of me and my "mom" title

• I'm a dad. I read your post twice and couldn't find what the problem was. You said you feel a certain way, but you haven't said what he's doing to make you feel that way. Without knowing what he's doing it's hard to tell you if it's normal or not. You did mention his response to a lactation joke and I think his response was fine. I say "my child" all the time, usually when I'm trying to win an argument, don't look into that very deeply. Nothing wrong with him using his flexible schedule to his benefit. I would question him if he didn't stay home to watch his kid twice a week. Your feelings as to why he married you is very speculative.