September 2015 Moms
Options

Maxi pads after c section

I have a scheduled c section this Thursday! What size maxi pads will I need? Best brands?

Re: Maxi pads after c section

• Options
    I'm not scheduled for a c-section but from what I understand the postpartum bleeding is pretty similar for both vaginal births and c sections. I bought a box of depends that way I don't have to worry about ruining underwear during the heaviest bleeding. After I run out of those I'm just going to use regular always pads, nothing fancy or jumbo.
  • Options
    I just had a c section 3 days ago. The hospital will give you huge pads while you're there and I recommend asking for a few extras to bring home. You will want to buy super size and nighttime ones as well. Everyone is different but the bleeding can be significant and that is totally normal :) good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The hospital provides them and I just bought large overnight pads. But honestly my period is 2x heavier then this afterbirth bleeding so I do I don't even need the overnight ones
  • Options
    I just had a c section and I would recommend the hospital pads and the mesh underwear. Those things are so comfortable! After you go home I would use the overnight pads the large ones for awhile and then switch to regular pads once it becomes less.
  • Options
    I agree with pp. I had a csection 12 days ago. I took everything I could from the hospital. The mesh underwear and diaper-like pads were awesome and I used those for the first 4 or 5 days then downgraded to the thick pads from the hospital up until today. I've just today started using a thinner overnight pad that I purchased myself.
  • Options
    I didn't bleed much with either of my kids. The nurses really push down on your stomach every few hours and that got all of the clots out and most of the blood. My son is 9 days old now and I'm barely bleeding. I wear Always Infinity pads but could probably switch to panty liners.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't bleed much with either of my kids. The nurses really push down on your stomach every few hours and that got all of the clots out and most of the blood. My son is 9 days old now and I'm barely bleeding. I wear Always Infinity pads but could probably switch to panty liners.

Odd but they didn't do this to me! They did it once while I was still in the OR after my csection and once later that night but that was it. Wonder why..
  • Options
    shelbydd said:

Odd but they didn't do this to me! They did it once while I was still in the OR after my csection and once later that night but that was it. Wonder why..
    They did this too me constantly! I hated it lol
  • Options
    I had a c section Thursday I have very very light bleeding
  • Options
    I had a vaginal delivery, but I used Depends for the first 5 days home, then switched to Always Infinity (super absorbent and comfortable!). 14 days post-partum now and my bleeding is very minimal ... not even as heavy as my period.
  • Options
    shelbydd said:

Mine didn't either. My nurses did it one time after - and that was it.