Baby Names

So screwed.

Expecting a girl and DH and I can't find a single name we like. DS is Cadon. We don't hate the name Kennedy, and by don't hate I mean we don't cringe at the sound. I used to like the name Addison, but I think it sounds strange with Cadon. Help me. Please.

Re: So screwed.

• Kyla. Isla. Adeline. Ava. Taylor. Madeline. Mia. Morgan. Fiona. Daphne. Violet. Maeve. Clara. Claire.

Naf of Kennedy or Addison
  • I just searched Kennedy on nameberry for similar names for you and it shows the meaning is : misshapen head.
    Now I dislike the name more than I already did.
    Addison makes me think of the horribly sad disease.
    Adeline is much better, but super popular.

• Loading the player...
  • KaaaaaatieRNKaaaaaatieRN member
    edited September 2015

I just searched Kennedy on nameberry for similar names for you and it shows the meaning is : misshapen head.

Misshapen head. =)) Naturally.
    With Adeline, are you pronouncing it like the name "Lynn" or like the word "Line"?

ETA: I'm not super worried about popularity, considering I can't handle youneek names. Any name worth having is probably going to be fairly popular, I think I'm alright with that.
  • Kiera, Darcy, Piper, Megan, Lucy, Moria, Alana, Flannery, Erin, Sadie, Sloane, Robin, Sybil, Ivy, Lorelei, Lena, Hazel, Ione, Cara, Sheena, Charis, Ida, Ada, Athena, Zoe, Phoebe, Minerva, Meryl, Lana, Enid, Florence, Diana, Helen, Jean, Cora, Isolde, 
  • I just searched Kennedy on nameberry for similar names for you and it shows the meaning is : misshapen head. Now I dislike the name more than I already did. Addison makes me think of the horribly sad disease. Adeline is much better, but super popular.
    Misshapen head. =)) Naturally. With Adeline, are you pronouncing it like the name "Lynn" or like the word "Line"? ETA: I'm not super worried about popularity, considering I can't handle youneek names. Any name worth having is probably going to be fairly popular, I think I'm alright with that.
    I pronounce it with as "line", and even though I constantly bitch on here about having a name that's spelled wrong for how it's pronounced, I'd rather see Adeline or Adaline over Adalynn/Adelynn any day. 

I feel like the "lynn" spelling, looks, hickish. 

• I just searched Kennedy on nameberry for similar names for you and it shows the meaning is : misshapen head.

With Adeline, are you pronouncing it like the name "Lynn" or like the word "Line"?

ETA: I'm not super worried about popularity, considering I can't handle youneek names. Any name worth having is probably going to be fairly popular, I think I'm alright with that.

I pronounce it with as "line", and even though I constantly bitch on here about having a name that's spelled wrong for how it's pronounced, I'd rather see Adeline or Adaline over Adalynn/Adelynn any day. 

I completely agree that it looks "hickish". Nice description, by the way. ;) I like the name Adeline pronounced with "Lynn", but obviously the spelling is an issue. I also think it sounds strange with Cadon.
  • I just searched Kennedy on nameberry for similar names for you and it shows the meaning is : misshapen head. Now I dislike the name more than I already did. Addison makes me think of the horribly sad disease. Adeline is much better, but super popular.
    Misshapen head. =)) Naturally. With Adeline, are you pronouncing it like the name "Lynn" or like the word "Line"? ETA: I'm not super worried about popularity, considering I can't handle youneek names. Any name worth having is probably going to be fairly popular, I think I'm alright with that.

I completely agree that it looks "hickish". Nice description, by the way. ;) I like the name Adeline pronounced with "Lynn", but obviously the spelling is an issue. I also think it sounds strange with Cadon.
    Lol. It is a bit rhymey, so I can't say I blame you there.

Any of the names above strike you? Or were they all a bust?

Lol. It is a bit rhymey, so I can't say I blame you there.

Any of the names above strike you? Or were they all a bust?

None of them are calling me... I told you I'm screwed! Lol.
  • I would never pronounce Adeline as Adelynn. It's a pretty name, but with choosing that spelling, you'll be setting her up for a lifetime of correcting people. 
  • What about Adelaide nn Addie? 

• holocene said:

I would never pronounce Adeline as Adelynn. It's a pretty name, but with choosing that spelling, you'll be setting her up for a lifetime of correcting people. 

I agree, unfortunately. Adelaide reminds me of lemonade or Gatorade :-S , though it's a lovely name.
  • Our girl names were Liesel, Audrey, and Robin. Thats all I've got. Names are so hard.
  • We are having a boy, but our girls names are: Savanah, Sienna, Aubriana, Holland (Holly)
  • Our girl names were Liesel, Audrey, and Robin. Thats all I've got. Names are so hard.

They seriously are. It's driving me crazy, too.

I pronounce this like ad-uh-LINE

• My BIL and SIL just had a baby girl. Their son is named Cayden, and the baby's name is Devon. Just thought that might appeal to you since your sons have the same name.
  • Carlisle is a very pretty name and goes nicely with Cadon.
  • Hmm, on our girl's list we have June, Ada, Rose, Willa, Hazel, Cecily, Maren and Olive. Other suggestions: Grace, Lilah, Alice, Josephine (Josie), Hannah, Rhiannon, Bridget
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • When you day 'DS' do you mean you're son? (Sorry, new here - I don't know the lingo)
    If so, why does your girl's name need to go with Cadon?
  • Hmm, all three names you gave in your OP included an N and a D, so maybe that's the direction you should try?

Cassidy

Delaney

Eden

Holland

Hudson

Kendall

Madison

Nolan

Sydney

Some other names that include just one or the other, but may be along the same lines as the sound you're going for:

Aubrey

Audrey

Eden

Emery

Hadley

Lena

Leda

Lydia

Reagan