Pregnant after IF

Maybe triplets?

beckihallbeckihall member
edited August 2015 in Pregnant after IF
I'm six weeks one day pregnant today after going through IVF. We trasfered 2 embyos on Aug 4th. We had our first ultrasound today and the nurses and doctor were floored that there are 3 sacs! It looks like one of our embryos split! The doctor could only find a heartbeat on two, the one that split didn't have one and was a little smaller. But we won't know for sure until my appointment next week.

I am so stunned and can't believe it. Being pregnant still doesn't feel real, let alone being pregnant with 2 possibly 3 babies! Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Maybe triplets?

• Well, not quite the same but close! I did IUI and had two dominant follicles, so I can't say for sure if one of mine split, or if perhaps I had another that was hiding or was actually mature but small? (I vote hidden egg!)
    I am 18w with triplets now, all in different sacs, with separate placentas. My first US was at 5w6d, baby A and B both had heartbeats, baby C- all we saw was a sac with yolk. I went back at 6w6d to three sweet little heartbeats. At the first ultrasound, my doctor was not very optimistic for baby C and felt we would end up with twins. Baby C is my only boy, and I am so happy he decided to stick around!
    Congratulations! Fx for your next US!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• @beckihall I had 2 blasts transferred and keep thinking that one will split and I'll end up with 3. My mom even had a dream that it happened. lol I am 5 weeks today and won't have my first u/s for another 2 weeks. I soooo want to know what is going on in there. It's so crazy that I came upon your post because I kept wondering if that actually happens. Well, now I know. Best of luck on your pregnancy!

@Kelley421 Wow, that is crazy too! So happy for you that baby boy decided to stick around! What a blessing! Hope you have a H&H pregnancy!!
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Kelley421 well I know who I can ask if I have questions! Keep me updated on your pregnancy and how you're feeling, im so excited!

@krbjoy let me know how your ultrasound goes! Thank you!
  • Well, it's official that baby #3 didn't stick around. I'm still blessed you have 2. Hope everyone else is feeling great!
  • @beckihall Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that. Hugs*
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @beckihall I am so sorry #3 did not stick. T&Ps for the other two and you also!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!