January 2016 Moms
Options

Huggiesss vs pamper diapers

which diapers do you experienced moms reccomend or do you like the cloth diapers?

Re: Huggiesss vs pamper diapers

• Options
    There was a discussion about diaper brands last week....https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/87682840#Comment_87682840. Hope it helps, please be afraid to use the search function. I'm sure if you search cloth diapers you'll get some info about them
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    I prefer Pampers. They held more than Huggies and when there was a blow out, the mess wasn't as big.

But now I prefer Luvs. They're super similar to Pampers but $10 cheaper per box.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use Pampers Swaddlers as they seem to contain my son better. We've used them since he was born and he's now 2.5 and we still love them. We've tried regular pampers, but he seems to soak through them, especially overnight.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We liked pampers swaddlers at first for our daughter. Then once she started crawling a lot, huggies worked better. I think it's all trial and error lol. I would like to start stocking up now for baby boy, but I'm not sure which will work better and don't want to waste.
  • Options
    We used Pampers Swaddlers in preemie and newborn sizes. I think we switched to Pampers Baby Dry around size 1. Huggies didn't work for ds, he was always leaking through them.
  • Options
    We used both since my son was in the NICU level 3 then level 2. He has super thicm thighs and pampers have enough room while staying on his booty. We used target brand a night and they just didn't stay on.

The NICU preferred pampers for the babies (but most were really tiny and ours was almost 8lbs). But, I know lots that go back and forth until they figure it out. He wore Huggies when be was in size 3, but then switched back bc size 4 didn't work well for him. So, I'd try both and see which one works for your little one. :)
  • Options
    We used Pampers until size 1, then switched over to Huggies because I wasn't a fan of the pampers smell. I know that sounds really random, but I found they had a weird scent, so Huggies is what we have always used.

I have heard some prefer Pampers for girls? I had 2 boys and loved Huggies. I agree with @linds514- it's pretty much trial and error.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Huggies were a guaranteed flood, every single time my son peed. I tried to use as many of the packs as I could that I received at my baby shower, but got sick of the constant mess and changing his clothes. We've tried Honest Co., Parent's Choice, Luvs, and Pampers. Luvs worked well and were cheaper, but as my son (and his industrial-sized bladder) grew, Pampers Cruisers have worked best. We had to even go up a size for night time...
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers until they outgrew them. Luvs after that.
  • Options

Pampers swaddlers until they outgrew them. Luvs after that.

This!
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Options
    I liked the pampers swaddlers when DS was a newborn because they had that line where you could easily see if he had peed. I switched to target brand pretty quickly though because they are way cheaper and they also have that line that I liked. Once baby is sleeping longer at night I liked the pampers baby dry because they hold soooo much pee lol.
    I really disliked Huggies.
  • Options
    I like huggies and pampers. I hated luvs. Everyone is different.
  • Options
    I liked both but used pampers in the newborn size because that is what the hospital used.then we used huggies, pampers, up and up, parents choice, Walgreens brand or babies r us brand depending on the sale . All worked down for my boy.
  • Options
    My ds could only use Huggies. Pampers broke him out
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers sensitive
  • Options
    We are going with cloth diapers. It's cheaper, significantly better for the environment and barely any extra work. Plus they are the cutest freaking things!
  • Options
    I use cloth diapers during the day, but use pampers swaddlers when out or overnight. Huggies were terrible for us and would always leak.
  • Options
    I loved the Pamper Swaddlers with both of my kids and will use them again with the third :)
    Mama Megan
  • Options
    Pampers! or even Costco's brand. Huggies always leak and sag.
  • Options
    Huggies are the only brand of diaper I will not buy, so that's my input ;-)
  • Options
    We used pampers swaddled until she was 2mos. Then we switched to Huggies....she was tiny until about 2mos and then she grew a booty and thighs...and she had blowouts so we switched to Huggies after that and didn't have that problem anymore.
  • Options
    Hated Huggies!.... DS always ends up with a "saggy butt" in them. I really like pampers, but for the price I preferred luvs. Once I tried out the Sam's Club brand it became my favorite ( does not start until size 3) they seem to have the best of both worlds... stretchy at the back, no saggy butts, soft and flexible, and a great price (225 for $35).