May 2016 Moms

Bleeding

jcarpenter84jcarpenter84 member
edited September 2015 in May 2016 Moms
5w4d. Yesterday I noticed some bright red blood when I wiped. Called the doctor and was in to be seen in the afternoon. She did an exam and saw some old blood (brown). Then did an ultrasound but bladder was empty so saw what she thought was the sac. Sent me down for blood work and go back Monday for a second draw. Today I just had some brownish (old blood?) when I wiped. Stomachs been in knots all weekend waiting for Monday so can't even tell if it's true pain or just nervous stomach! Anyone have any experience with bleeding that was followed by a healthy pregnancy?!

Re: Bleeding

• I bled on and off the entire pregnancy with my fourth child. I had a subchorionic hemorrhage- blood between the placenta and uterus. It can be scary, but usually ends well.
  • I had a gush of bright red blood with DS at 13 weeks. It was frightening, but everything was fine. The doctor told me that sometimes blood just builds up in areas and the body stabilizes it by passing the excess. Any brownish spotting is probably from old blood still making its way out. I hope everything turns out well for you!