May 2016 Moms

Who knew a trip to BJs...

yogahhyogahh member
edited September 2015 in May 2016 Moms
Would wipe me out for the rest of the day!?!? We were only there for an hour and my reward was a two hour nap. Guess the exhaustion phase is kicking in!

How's everyone else's weekend? It's quiet around here!

cat fail animated GIF

Re: Who knew a trip to BJs...

• I hear ya! I took a 2.5 hour nap today after our usual Saturday trip to the dog park! I've essentially been a bum all day. Currently eating Jell-O while watching The Office on Netflix. Crazy Saturday night! ;)
  • We went to an Air Force Appreciation Day Parade today. It's one of the largest parades in Idaho. I think there were 70+ entries! Then we played at the park for a couple of hours, and went out for Mexican food. It was crazy, but someone paid for our meal today. It was me, DH, DD, a good friend and her DS. So probably a $70 tab? It shocked us, but also made us remember that there are still tons of good people in this world :) We plan on paying it forward next weekend for sure. Now we're home, I'm bumping....DD is watching Tarzan, and DH is playing his video game. I think we're all going to shower and call it pretty early tonight.

Tomorrow we have zip plans. I will probably clean, and start packing up the house for our move.

Nothing too interesting going on here, but it has been a great weekend regardless.

@yogahh I freaking miss BJs! Great prices and pretty good variety. They only have Costco and Winco here :(
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Loading the player...
  • Par13Par13 member
    edited September 2015
    It's been so quiet around here this weekend!

Today, we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (yum!) and then walked over to a Trader Joe's to see about getting some gin gin lozenges for once the nausea kicks in. It was crazy busy there and we couldn't find them, so that was disappointing.

Then, DS napped while I prepped and cooked dinner - spicy tomato bean soup - and we ate when he woke up. We're now watching an MLS soccer game (Columbus vs Philly).

I think I may have overdone it the past couple of days as I had cramping most of today and some spotting. :(

edit: typo

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• @Par13 I doubt you overdid it, I'm sure it's just the baby settling in still? I think some spotting is still considered normal at this stage. Get some rest, and keep us updated!

@saladflambe That sounds....miserable. My mom is such a tacky, loud drunk so I feel for you. That's the only part of being pregnant that I don't enjoy: Constant DD status

• @Par13 I doubt you overdid it, I'm sure it's just the baby settling in still? I think some spotting is still considered normal at this stage. Get some rest, and keep us updated!

@saladflambe That sounds....miserable. My mom is such a tacky, loud drunk so I feel for you. That's the only part of being pregnant that I don't enjoy: Constant DD status
    It started miserable but wound up OK. My mom wasn't obnoxious drunk; it was kind of funny. She's a lightweight :)
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @josie12367 Thanks - I hope that's what it is! 

I can't seem to shake a negative mentality that something is going to go wrong (due to something that I did or didn't do). It's taking up the majority of my thoughts since I've gotten BFP even though I know rationally that miscarriages occur due to things outside of my control. I've talked to DH about it since I'm starting to think it's bordering on excessive and I'm hoping I can shake it in the next few weeks after I'm a bit further along.

• @Par13 I think that it is completely normal to be fearful of the unknown. It is also hard to think about anything but these little babies growing inside of us. I am right there with you with this pregnancy. Completely on edge until I see that first ultrasound. I am a complete nut that worries about every little thing in life though. I've learned though that there are just some things that are completely out of our control. When I find myself getting super tense or anxious, I just close my eyes and take a few deep belly breaths until I feel more relaxed. In all honesty, I don't think the worrying about my DD ever stopped during pregnancy. There was always something to worry about.....and even after birth there are still tons of things that I worry about for DD. You just have to find a couple of techniques that can center you again, and place you back in the present :)

• Thanks @josie12367 - appreciate the response. Sorry that you're feeling this way too, but makes me feel a bit better that I'm not alone!

• I went to a wine festival.

With my mom.

Who got drunk.

I was the designated driver.
    This was very similar to my day. We went to a football game with my family and tailgated for 3 hours before it started. Both the tailgating and the game consisted of everyone drinking while I sipped on seltzer. It actually was really fun but was a bit torturous to not be able to partake :(

• This was very similar to my day. We went to a football game with my family and tailgated for 3 hours before it started. Both the tailgating and the game consisted of everyone drinking while I sipped on seltzer. It actually was really fun but was a bit torturous to not be able to partake :(
    Does your family know you're PG?

• @Par13 yeah, it was just my immediate family and they all know and were really great about it (my mom made me "mocktails", she's so cute) but drinking is kind of a big part of my family culture - family dinners consist of pre-dinner cocktails, and then everyone has wine throughout, that kind of thing, so it just takes some adjusting for me to not be able to engage with them like I usually would. Last time I was pregnant my sister-in-law was also so it made it a little easier.

• We took DD to a birthday party and when we came home I took a nap.  Who knew standing around for a few hours could be so exhausting? Then I did my laundry, took DH to a beer fest (which was originally supposed to be a date night), and packed for my trip tomorrow. Just finished eating ice cream out of the container while watching Big Bang Theory.
  • I also took a nap today. I guess it was a napping kind of a day, huh, ladies? After my cousin's daughter's birthday party I was wiped out. I'll probably go to bed here in a minute, too (It's not even 9 here!)
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @saladflambe my friends invited me to a wine tasting. I not-so-politely declined their invitation. I'm not sure why that annoyed me so much!

@Par13 Hugs!!! I'm pretty anxious about everything at this point, but I know some of the anxiety will lessen as I get further along. I know you wish you could just enjoy every minute, though.
  • I need a nap everyday!
  • I need a nap everyday!

This! Glad it's not just me lol
  • I napped while floating in the pool. I needed a day to do absolutely nothing and float.... DH even got me a new float from BJs today too! ...
  • I started getting sleepy an hour in to my day. I finally took a nap this afternoon after a day out with DH and friends. I had to avoid drinking all day infront of our friends which turned out to be more mentally exhausting than anything. Guess who will be going to be early tonight! Really feeling pregnant today.