1st Trimester

Showing at 6 weeks?!

Hello! This is my first pregnancy, I'm only 6 weeks along, and I'm already showing. My tummy is noticeably larger, and has already firmed up. I'm starting to wonder if this is normal, or if something else is going on. I'm thinking that I'm farther along that I thought, I'm having twins, or it is just due to my small size? I'm 5'3" and only 105 pounds. My first appointment isn't for a few weeks. Anyone else start showing this early? Help!

Re: Showing at 6 weeks?!

• Loading the player...
  • The best way to tell is to eat some prunes or take a fiber suppliment the night before. It will help with the bloat and you'll back to "normal" the next day for the most part. Don't let the haters on TB be nasty to you for asking this question. Congratulations!
  • It's bloat. Sure, it can be caused by pregnancy but you don't have a baby bump.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was terribly bloated at 6 weeks too. It finally went away a few days ago at 9 weeks. Eat some prunes and have a good BM or 3 and it will chill out.
  • Yeah I'm 7 weeks and I don't think I'm "showing" but my tummy is definitely larger. I'm assuming I'm just bloated or fat! Haha :D
  • no.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• It's just bloating. I look like I'm showing too (at 9 weeks) and it *feels* like a baby bump because it's so firm....but alas, it's just air.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry, love, I agree with PPs.  It's just bloat.  I am a petite person as well,and I didn't really pop until around 18ish weeks.  Ya gotta poop.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• satuttle1014satuttle1014 member
    edited September 2015
    As others have said, it is just bloat. I didn't start to see a small bump until probably 13-14 weeks along. Everyone is different but it would be just bloat that early on. I was majorly bloated at 6 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm about as far along as you are and I am definitely bloated.  Are you drinking a ton of water?
  • I'm going through this right now too, I'm halfway through my 6th week and the bloat has been crazy. Gotta love preggo gas. ;)
  • why is everybody so mean about this question?! I don't understand when other threads seem so supportive. I have been feeling the same and was wondering if I'm actually a month further along than I think. I haven't had my first appointment yet but next week I will, at 8 weeks...what if I'm actually 12?!
  • why is everybody so mean about this question?! I don't understand when other threads seem so supportive. I have been feeling the same and was wondering if I'm actually a month further along than I think. I haven't had my first appointment yet but next week I will, at 8 weeks...what if I'm actually 12?!

Wait... I don't understand how people were being mean...? Everyone just said she had bloating. I am so confused lol

And why would you think you're a month further than you are?
  • Parker16772Parker16772 member
    edited September 2015
    why is everybody so mean about this question?! I don't understand when other threads seem so supportive. I have been feeling the same and was wondering if I'm actually a month further along than I think. I haven't had my first appointment yet but next week I will, at 8 weeks...what if I'm actually 12?!

Hello zombie thread! 

Sorry you didn't get the responses you were looking for but no one was mean to you. You received honest answers based on science. A dating ultrasound is the only way to know if you are further along than you originally thought. We can't tell you that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 6 weeks too and I start out my morning normal and end my evening looking like I could pass for 20 weeks. I've embraced the bloat and use it as my "prepping for the real belly to pop" time!
  • edited September 2015
    You bumped a thread that was posted 3 weeks ago just to tell people they are mean?    Very useful.
    I didn't "bump" the thread just to bump it, I was really thinking about the same thing and wanted to see what people said. are we only supposed to reply to brand new threads? I wasn't on here three weeks ago. :/
  • You bumped a thread that was posted 3 weeks ago just to tell people they are mean?    Very useful.
    I didn't "bump" the thread just to bump it, I was really thinking about the same thing and wanted to see what people said. are we only supposed to reply to brand new threads? I wasn't on here three weeks ago. :/

Yeah, you bumped it to let us know we were being mean. Which we weren't. But thanks. Did you not find the answers you were looking for by reading the comments?

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Honestly no one was rude. What would be rude is to NOT to tell OP that it is just baby bloat, and let her run around continuing to think she's showing at 6 weeks. If I was the OP I would pray for someone to be honest with me, because that would be way embarrassing to start telling friends and family about that huge, 6 week, baby bump. P.s- even the OP of this thread didn't seem to think any of the responds were rude....
  • Sweetheart (I'm too tired to figure out the username at the moment, and I mean that in an endearing sort of way), You have not seen mean. Nothing on this thread was mean. Trust me.

You mentioned that you weren't on here three weeks ago. Okay that is fine and dandy. Please take a moment to lurk around, read some threads, read forum rules (some are slightly different than others). Get an idea of the reactions to various questions. Use the search feature religiously. Let's see, never ever ever mention Ramzi theory or other myths of predicting the baby's anatomy. I promise, people are not being mean. You will figure it out after you have lurked awhile. The ladies on these forums are some of the most supportive people in the world. On that same token, they aren't going to sugarcoat anything. They will tell you straight up how it is. We are all (on this forum) trying to get through the same thing. I used to think the same thing when I first came on here earlier this year and lurked. I thought wow people are mean, but the more I read and lurked, the more I realized that it was not mean at all.

I'm not sure if any of that made any sense. It's late, and I'm tired and stabby.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • if your'e very thin it could be that 
  • kaila1980 said:

if your'e very thin it could be that 

You could literally be the size of a bean pole and the answer is still bloat. So no, it couldn't be that. Sorry.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Yah, the baby is 1/4 of an inch big at six weeks....do u really think someone could be showing at that point no matter how skinny they are? Or are u just being argumentative? I'm gunna go with argumentative (I hope this is the case anyways)