Parenting after 35

Weekly Check-in Sept 7

How was your week?

QOTW: in honor of Labor Day - if you could choose anything as a second career, what would it be? (Or same career, or no career)

Sorry for the holiday weekend delay in posting! We've been camping and didn't have great service.
Me-37, DH-38
Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

Re: Weekly Check-in Sept 7

• 2nd week back at work and all good. LO lasted all of four days at daycare before picking up a cold, but he is handling it well.

The nice long weekend has turned a little stressful... We went camping about 2 hours from home and as we were heading out this morning our battery was dead. Got that started, put in a new battery and we're still getting a system error. LO is currently sleeping, but who knows how much longer that will last. Wouldn't be so bad, except DH has a flight to catch tonight. :(
    To be continued!

My dream job would be either stunt double, which I'm too old for now, so I'd go with travel writer, which could be tough with a baby... So I don't really know!
    Me-37, DH-38

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Hi guys. Baby is 4 weeks tomorrow. My best friend arrived for a visit, but it's been a stressful week- there's been a huge sandstorm, I'm around home and not extremely mobile and not extremely fun either. The outings we did go on ended in an overtired baby and cranky parents. Best friend has no kids and after this week I guess it'll stay that way. Lol.
    Alternate career: can I move countries for this too? If course I can. I'd like to have a small wine bar/osteria in Italy. (I hope to make that happen some day ☺). I'm of two minds whether to go semi rural or city...
  • Loading the player...
  • edited September 2015
    Guys seriously when it rains it pours... i'm leaving for Europe alone with the baby to visit relatives on the 15th. And meanwhile MH who is never around bc he travels for work all the time decides to come home early one afternoon, grabs the baby and says 'have some quiet time, you deserve it' and proceeds to friggin BREAK HER LEG!!!! Ughhh... i know it sounds dramatic and yes, it was a freak accident, but she still has a broken leg. And who has to deal with the consequences (whiny kid, stuck at home with both kids, can't go to activities or park bc she can't be in a carrier and stroller seat is not deep enough bc she's so huge so her leg hangs out....has to be carried all the time etc etc etc and said husband is off on another work teip and now a full weekend fun running relay event..) yeah ME, ME ALONE.. I MEAN WHAT THE EFF!!!!!!! I hate life.... Ok so now about how thos happened. He took her upstairs to our bedroom, put her in her bouncy chair on the floor, carpeted floor of our bedroom. Perfectly safe conditions right? Well this little animal starts kicking her feet super hard, as in lifts her legs and kics them down so hard that her back lifts off the back rest of the bouncer. She loves this game. Except typically I buckle her in. Well guess what: he didn't buckle her in. And she catapulted herself out of the bouncer like out of a cannon and fell on the (soft carpeted) floor on her belly but kind of sideways and it bucked her leg funny and fractired her thigh bone.... OH MAN I COULD KILL HIM!!! He feels awful of clurse, and I am not blaming him for this happening, it's a freak accident, and honestly I see something like that happening with me around more since I am wih the kids alone like 90% of the time and something always slips through the cracks. What I am pissed about is that it is a friggin inconvenience to my already difficult single parentling every day existence..... Ughhh.... Now the baby is totally fine, leg is healing fine, she didn't even had to wear a cast or anytning. She was crawling and rolling like everything was normal already the morning after this happened.... But I still have to be careful, I'm scared to tweak her, and let's not even talk about all the bull$hit I am gling to listen to when my parents find out when i got to stay with them next week!!!!! Ughhhh.... Ok enough complaining..... QOTW: not sure... i alread changed careers completely once... I was an ESl English Teacher, then decided to go back to school and became a CPA.... Maybe a professional internet surfer.... :) MH says I'm really good at that. :)
  • harmonicbabe26 - yikes, crazy story!  Thanks for the reminder to use those buckles, it's so easy to get lazy. Glad LO is OK. Professional internet surfer... I love it! Technically, one could do that from anywhere in the world, right? 

Me-37, DH-38

• harmonicbabe26 - Oh my goodness!  So sorry that you have to deal with all of that, but glad that the baby is healing well.

As for me, I haven't checked in for several weeks - it's been nutty around here!  This is my second week back to work full-time, and also the baby's second week in day care.  Wouldn't you know it we get a call from day care yesterday (Thursday) saying baby's had three diarrheas, so we have to pick him up?  And he can't come back today (Friday) without a doctor's note?  So I frantically called the pediatrician, who couldn't get us in until 10 this morning, which would pretty much kill half the work day anyway.  They suggested a local pediatric walk-in clinic.  DH picked the baby up from day care yesterday and headed straight to the clinic.  I met them there on my way home from work.  By the time we got home, it was nearly 8:30 PM, and baby was super hungry, over-tired, and generally unpleasant (but according to the doctor, not actually sick, which is good).  Ugh.  All that over some green poop.  Fun times!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It must be the week for broken bones around here because my 3 year old broke her elbow on Sunday.  She was just playing and fell.  When she went to catch herself with her arms outstretched she hit her arm just right on the floor and gave herself a radial head fracture.  Luckily she doesn't need a cast or splint but she is supposed to be in a sling, and well that just isn't working out.  She just slips her arm right out the armhole and goes along her merry way.  My problem is she isn't really bothered by it so unless she tweaks it just right she acts like it isn't broken.  It is going to be a long 4 weeks!!!!

Good Luck Harmonic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers