May 2016 Moms
Options

Coffee before talkie!

Hi Girls! 4 weeks over here and for the past 5 days have been beyond tired. I know I'm not alone! Since my BFP (big faint positive) Tuesday I've only allowed myself a quarter cup coffee in the morning (I normally would just drink a cup, nothing too crazy).

What are you doing to get through the exhaustion? Normally if I felt this way mid afternoon I would be at Dutch Bros right now getting an iced Kicker.

Anyone have any tips for helping get through this? I can't complain about insomnia I've slept a good 8 hours the last few nights. Vitamins? Yoga? Naps? What's working for you (if anything)?

I'm a recruiter and have to be at college job fairs the next 2 weeks straight on my feet talking to students and could use any energy boosting ideas!

Re: Coffee before talkie!

• Options

I do still allow myself a cup of coffee in the AM (or a half-caf in the AM, and another in the afternoon). 200mg's is OK! (I was even a little more lenient with myself last pregnancy, after 1st tri).

But I respect if you don't want to drink it.  I try to get up and go for a walk around my work when I'm getting sleepy (I'm behind a desk).  Get the blood pumping.  Or, drink some cold water. Those seem to give me a little jolt.

image        image

• Options
    I know I could probably drink more but I eat a lot of chocolate and pretty sure I get a lot of extra caffeine from that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, I just drink coffee. Pre-pregnancy, I never had more than 200mg anyway or else I'd get headaches so I'm not having to cut back. Naps help too. The exhaustion, for most women, only lasts a few weeks. With my DD, I took almost daily naps from week 5-8. But since it was right at the end of teaching summer school and I had almost a month before school started in the fall, I could get away with that.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    1 cup of coffee is perfectly fine.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    Maybe try some fruit or juice? The sugar will perk you up and you will get more vitamins! That's what I am doing in the morning. Trying not to drink more than a few sips of coffee.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Warm water with lemon can help if you don't want do drink coffee in your first tri. 
    Also, a little wild orange essential oil on the bottom of your feet could help too! 
    Me: 32 DH: 35
    Married 12/7/07
    DD: Born 1/2/14 
    Baby #2 EDD 5/6/16

• Options
    An apple is great for energy. I also second the lemon water -- that eased my morning sickness some as well as bringing energy.
  • Options
    I miss my coffee! I cut it out during 1st tri with my daughter so I'm continuing that this pregnancy....even though I have read that a cup of coffee doesn't hurt!

I have noticed that a 30 minute walk around 2/3 (the time of day I start feeling exhausted) has really helped keep my energy up. I'm sure it won't always do the trick, but it's working for now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Green tea has a lot less caffiene (depending on which kind you get) and can give you an energy boost.... But I still drink my one,cup of coffee most mornings...
  • Options
    Yoga, naps, peppermint gum (I know weird and it also helps with nausea), and walking.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    A cup of coffee is ok...how about a cup of latte? I only have an espresso maker...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Try Zipfizz...it's a powder you add to water. It has caffeine, but only 100mg per container. You could have one when you get up and another later as a pick me up. Tons of flavors...I love it!

• Options
    I broke down yesterday and took and hour nap because I had a work dinner. Luckily I was working from home but def can't do that every day. Nice tips girls keep them coming! Will try the lemon water for sure! We have a lemon tree that should be ready to go next month!
  • Options
    I read that a latte with a double shot actually has less caffeine than a regular cup of coffee. I have one a day. I agree that exercise helps a lot, although it's a huge mental hurtle to get yourself to exercise when you're exhausted. I've been napping too, but then sometimes I have trouble falling asleep at night. I have a nutribullet that I use to make green smoothies and I feel like I usually get a boost after having one of those!
  • Options
    The smell and idea of coffee makes me queasy 99% of the time since I found out I was expecting. I wish I could have a cup or half cup a day- that's all I really drank before and it's a huge pick me up! Luckily I'm a SAHM and my daughter naps from 1-3 daily and I've been napping with her lol. My house is a mess but I wake up feeling rested haha. My poor husband.