Two Under 2

How do you handle activities ?

Hi moms,

I have 2 kids under 2 and I am a SAHM. My oldest is 19 months and youngest 2 months. My oldest is at home , so I decided to start actives like swimming and mommy and me classes with her , going to library for story time ..... The problem that I have is how do I do those things when I have a 2 months? How do I make this activities as easy as can be ? Also, how do you do activities with the older when the sleeping schedule is different? My oldest goes to sleep at 12 , but the youngest sleeps different times for now , but later I am sure she will have a more strict sleep schedule.

Thank you

Re: How do you handle activities ?

• You'll figure it out eventually - your baby is still very young and on an unpredictable schedule. I found it easier to stay home with my kids when my babies were very young and get an established routine going. When we did get out for play dates and the like the baby slept in the car seat or used a carrier. I also kept any activities to the morning so that we could all settle in for the afternoon nap. It gets easier.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • I'm in the same situation with kids the same ages. I was sad to lose our regular outings, but I've just adjusted and my oldest adapted surprisingly well. Mommy-and-me classes were replaced with outings to the park and library where the little baby could sleep. My mom has been coming once a week to stay with my youngest so I can still get some time with just me and my oldest son. Like the previous post suggests, I get out in just the mornings so we can maintain my oldest son's nap schedule while baby is still flexible. I think it may get trickier when the youngest is napping twice a day and my toddler is still doing one long nap, but I'll let them nap in the car and just change up the routine a bit so the outings are better suited to their ages.
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan on a ton of baby-wearing when #2 comes next spring. It's the first thing I hear from all my 2u2 mom friends because it gives them the ability to have 2 hands for their toddler and comfort the infant at the same time. We used the Infantino mei tai ($30) with DD when she was little and then graduated her to an Ergo (~$120) at about 4 months because DH would use it. I have a k'tan ($5 used) that I'm excited to try with a squish - I unfortunately got it after DD was to mobile for it to be too comfortable.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker