August 2015 Moms

Large clots?

I am 18 days PP and I just lost an extremely large clot n have more bleeding than previous. I passed these first few days out but haven't in like 2 weeks. Anyone else experiencing this? I've been cramping more since pumping so not sure if it's from that. Not sure if this warrants a call to my doc or if this is normal. Anyone else experience this?

Re: Large clots?

• Sure did. I could post pics but that's Inhumane ;) call your doc but mine said she wasn't worried unless they were tennis ball big. These were golf ball and the bleeding wasn't all day.
  • I have read to call if they are bigger than a golf ball. If you are worried, I would just call to put your mind at ease.
  • Loading the player...
  • My dr said to call about anything bigger than an egg
  • Ok great ladies. I would say it was prob size of an egg. I can't imagine size of a tennis ball! That's scary!!
  • I had the same thing about day 21. It felt very bizarre and it freaked me out. But I read online it was completely normal and the next day the bleeding stopped.
  • I had a big'n about 2 weeks PP, bout the size of a large egg. ;) And I bled a lot after, plus cramping... All after not really bleeding since I had left the hospital. It's like the clot was a plug that unleashed the flood gates!
  • I hemorrhaged the night my son was born. I passed 4 softball sized clots in two hours, along with smaller ones. They told me the more you cramp the better. If you fill up a pad in an hour or they are egg sizes, they told me to call. When in doubt though, call. I was terrified when i passed those clots, but they can give you meds if it continues. Good luck.