August 2015 Moms

Baby won't look at me

My baby is almost a month old and she will not look at me or anyone else for more than a couple seconds. She doesn't look my or my husband's way when we speak to her or caress her.. even when I feed her she just glances at me and then starts looking around.. should I be worried?

Re: Baby won't look at me

• Don't be worried as babies don't focus on things too well or long until they are about 8 weeks. Their vision is still developing. My son will be two months tomorrow and he is just now starting to focus on  our faces and "scan" us or follow an object from side to side. But you can always bring it up to the doctor if you feel worried too.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • My baby is a month and is about the same. No worries they are still developing those skills, but as PP said ask pedi if youre worried, but I think its still a little early. I can get Arya to focus for a few seconds and thats about it, unless its the fan....she will focus on it forever!! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you have a mobile? I noticed at that age he wouldn't focus on me as much but loved to watch the fishes in his Dr.Einstein mobile. By 4 wks he would focus on me for longer periods.

GL

• Lol Luna stares at the fan a lot too! Thanks for the responses :-)
  • We call the ceiling fan "the mother ship" lol
  • What is it about fans? DH and I went to lunch at the beach last week and since it was 100° out, we decided to sit inside. There were tons of fans. They were covering the ceiling as close as possible to the next. DS was in absolute heaven! I have never seen him so memorized!
  • Definitely ask your pedi at your 1 month check up.  she should be starting to focus on you.  Get in close and look her in the eyes.  
    Babies love fans because of the black and white shadow patterns they make when the move. 
    Babies  have and easier time recognizing black and white bold objects.
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker