August 2015 Moms
Options

2 mth shots...

My normally sweet and laid back little girl has become a grump butt for 2 days now after having her 2 mth shots!

She's just not her normal self. She's become extremely needy and wants to be held 24/7. She won't sleep for more than an hour at a time! Geez! When does this wear off?!

Re: 2 mth shots...

• Options
    I don't remember, but I hope she feels better

• Options
    My DS screamed bloody murder for about 4hrs. Nursing wouldn't even soothe him. Then he was fine. It didn't happen with any other shots. Maybe she is having a growth spurt at the same time?

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DS he was like that until the next day. He never ran a fever though. I always made time to snuggle him after shots. Poor babies!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Aw my little girl just got her shots today, poor babies!! She's been sleeping ever since but I'm sure she'll be fussy whenever she wakes up. Hopefully your little one is back to her normal self soon!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    My LO was fussy for 2 days after her 2 month shots & also had a fever. I gave her a little infant Tylenol (recommended by her pediatrician)which helped a lot. This is basically how my other 3 kiddos also responded to shots. Poor baby. Hope she feels better soon!
  • Options
    I agree, Tylenol. I give LO a dose before they go for their shots and then later if they are cranky when it wears off.
  • Options
    Ugh, this makes me dread next Thursday even more.
  • Options
    Well this just reminded me to go ahead and ask DH to make plans to be at 2 month shots bc I have a feeling this FTM is going to HATE it more than LO!
  • Options

Well this just reminded me to go ahead and ask DH to make plans to be at 2 month shots bc I have a feeling this FTM is going to HATE it more than LO!

Oh I definitely think I was more upset than my baby! She did scream while they were giving the shots but as soon as I picked her up she stopped, yet I was still blubbering away. I even started crying again on the way home and at this time Evelyn was sound asleep. It's hard seeing your baby in pain!
  • Options

Yes, DH is mandatory, the nurses sometimes ask for help holding LO while they give the shots. Sometimes they tag team and do both legs to get it over quicker. Regardless, it sucks, just have to remind yourself it is so much better than if they caught any of the diseases they are being vaccinated against.
  • Options
    We have ours on Tuesday aanndd I already know I'm going to cry with her. Although she took her hep b shot like a champ. Not one tear!
  • Options
    Yesss on the infant tylenol! It was the best yesterday bc it was the only way to make her feel better. She had a slight fever, but slept the whole afternoon. But today... Today has been HELL! She just fell asleep after crying the majority of the day. We hate it for her! :-(
  • Options
    My ped told me not to give Tylenol before the shots. Check with your doctor first! He said to give it after if there is a fever or if LO is fussy but it could interfere with how the vaccines are absorbed.

• Options
    @AshleyM0125 I meant to say that too! Her pedi had us wait an hour.
  • Options
    LO was perfect and barely cried after the shots until hours later! I gave the infant Tylenol after about 6 hours! I tried to wait it out to see if she calmed but it really helped! She even slept through the night!
  • Options
    My ped told me not to give Tylenol before the shots. Check with your doctor first! He said to give it after if there is a fever or if LO is fussy but it could interfere with how the vaccines are absorbed.

Hmm...never heard this before, they were always fine with it but I am going to call before our appt to be sure! Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    We were told to wait until after for the Tylenol as well in case there's an allergic reaction. The doctor doesn't want it masked by the medicine.
  • Options
    Miz_Liz said:

Hmm...never heard this before, they were always fine with it but I am going to call before our appt to be sure! Thanks for posting!

I've never heard of this either. I'm going to ask our pediatrician as well.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Also, for those who nurse definitely think about BF'ing while LO is getting their shots. We also don't do Tylenol until after but with DS, I nursed him at his 2 month shots and we didn't even need medicine until later that night and he barely cried during.

Something about being close to their mommy. Just makes it a bit easier. My pedi recommends it :)
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Also, for those who nurse definitely think about BF'ing while LO is getting their shots. We also don't do Tylenol until after but with DS, I nursed him at his 2 month shots and we didn't even need medicine until later that night and he barely cried during. Something about being close to their mommy. Just makes it a bit easier. My pedi recommends it :)

Yes! I put DS right on the boob after but think I may try during with DD, great suggestion!
  • Options

Also, for those who nurse definitely think about BF'ing while LO is getting their shots. We also don't do Tylenol until after but with DS, I nursed him at his 2 month shots and we didn't even need medicine until later that night and he barely cried during.

Something about being close to their mommy. Just makes it a bit easier. My pedi recommends it :)

This is how we did ALL of DS' shots for his first year, and I plan on doing the same for DD.
    Joey 06.05.2010, MC Jan 2014-EDD 09.11.2014, Aurelia 08.24.2015 (lost twin ~12 weeks), Ectopic Loss Feb 2016, EDD 01.03.2018