October 2015 Moms

Postpartum Pads? How many?

Hello ladies! Having a c-section October 2nd. Getting some of the last things on my list this weekend, but can not remember from my first baby, how many pads should I buy?? I read a thread about which kind everyone think is best so I will be buying the always infinity in different sizes I'm thinking? Or different absorbencies. But don't know how many I should buy? Thanks so much ladies!!

Re: Postpartum Pads? How many?

• Everyone bleeds differently and different amounts, I'd start with a pack or two, that way you can decide when you get low if you need more maternity pads, or just normal pads since the bleeding gets lighter over time. However with a c-section I've heard bleeding is significantly less since they remove excess whilst they are in there... Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • With my first, I had a vaginal birth, and just used the same pads I used with my period. After the first couple days, the flow really eased up so it wasn't that big of a deal needing to stock up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited September 2015
    I bought one pack each of two different sizes - overnight and regular. I figure someone can buy me more if needed
  • I think I went overboard, buying 4 packs, lol! But I had coupons and there was a target deal where you got a gift card for buying 4. My husband is super squeemish about buying such things so he wanted to me to stock up out of fear he would be sent to buy more!
    Oh well, I figure having too many isn't the worst. Most of them are ones I could use during a regular period or for the nextra pregnancy. So they will get used!
  • Alright ladies. I took your feedback and bought some pads today from Target. They had a buy 3 get a gift card deal. So I bought 3.
    Always Infinity Overnight
    Always Infinity Heavy
    Always Infinity Regular
    Always Panty Liners.
    That's 4 lol oops. But I figure buying different sizes will be better as it gets lighter. Thanks for all your feedback!!
  • Alright ladies. I took your feedback and bought some pads today from Target. They had a buy 3 get a gift card deal. So I bought 3.
    Always Infinity Overnight
    Always Infinity Heavy
    Always Infinity Regular
    Always Panty Liners.
    That's 4 lol oops. But I figure buying different sizes will be better as it gets lighter. Thanks for all your feedback!!

I've heard great things about using the panty liners soaked in witch hazel for padsicles just stick them on top of the overnights when you want a little cooling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml