November 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Shower Party Favors

chiac25chiac25 member
edited September 2015 in November 2015 Moms
Hey All,
I'm looking for ideas for baby shower favors for guys that are inexpensive. I'm having a coed shower. My theme is Sugar and Spice. I'm having a girl! Also, I'm thinking of giving candles to the lades from a local vendor, but still waiting on estimates. I might have to choose something else if that proves too expensive. I need enough for 40 couples so 20 women, 20 men favors. Any suggestions will be helpful.
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Shower Party Favors

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If your DH friends are like my DH friends get a couple cases of a good spiced ale. They love being able to sit around and have a drink together.
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Someone before me mentioned flavored popcorn which is super easy and not too expensive for the amount you are looking to make. My best friend is doing caramel apples and popcorn bags for my shower I believe. It makes it easier when you a lot of people and it's co-ed.
  • Options
    What about little candy goodie bags? Like red hots or some type of candy that is sweet and spicy?
  • Options
    ShianeNicoleShianeNicole member
    edited September 2015
    We're only having women so I don't have a suggestion for the men but we made little nail polish favors for the women as a Thank you gift.
  • Options
    I agree with edibles. We're having a boy so my mom and I made Oreo pops. We opened te Oreos and put them on a lollipop stick and then dipped them in baby blue chocolate and put sprinkles on them. Everyone seemed to really enjoy them and they were cost effective.
    I've also heard of chocolates, jelly beans, popcorn, lollipops.
  • Options
    I LOVE the spiced ale idea, that is if your guests drink. And also the caramel apples! Very fitting for this time of year. I've also been to a shower where really adorable cookies to match the theme were given and they were delicious to boot =D>
  • Options
    With my first we handed out cute candles that smelled like baby powder.

• Options
    All I can think of is a cold beer and a small bag of nuts, tied in a clear cello treat bag. You can keep them in the fridge to Ice them since they're able to stand up right. Or maybe if alcohol isn't a good choice, a glass mug with a treat inside. I've seen some at local dollar stores in my area.
  • Options
    I'm giving the bath and body works hand sanitizers. The new ones with yummy scents. Everyone loves them and they are so handy to have in a purse or car. Nothing too big, and I'm still sending thank you cards a week after.
  • Options
    crysgx said:

All I can think of is a cold beer and a small bag of nuts, tied in a clear cello treat bag. You can keep them in the fridge to Ice them since they're able to stand up right. Or maybe if alcohol isn't a good choice, a glass mug with a treat inside. I've seen some at local dollar stores in my area.

Perfect. I'd love it if I was a guest! I second this suggestion!
  • Options
    My mil gave everyone pink sparkling hand sanitizer wrapped in a paper onsie thanking everyone
  • Options
    What about a little container of steak spice (or something similar)? I feel like that would fit your theme nicely, and most of the guys I know love a good steak. So I think a new kind of fixin' to try would very likely go over quite well. :)

• Options
    We are having sugar cookies, which could go with your sugar and spice theme. My friends sister has her own cookie design Bakery so she will be decorating the cookies with book characters to fit the children's book theme. But cookies are good for the theme and relatively cheap!
  • Options
    I am not having a shower because I am a STM, but my host created little champagne bottles with labels saying "pop when she pops." We brought extras to the hospital so my mother in law, parents, as well as my husband could have one to toast as they brought in the baby! It was such a fun moment when they rolled the baby in and they all popped open the champagne.
  • Options
    maura+c said:

I am not having a shower because I am a STM, but my host created little champagne bottles with labels saying "pop when she pops." We brought extras to the hospital so my mother in law, parents, as well as my husband could have one to toast as they brought in the baby! It was such a fun moment when they rolled the baby in and they all popped open the champagne.

I LOVE this idea! I may bring some champagne bottles to the hospital with me too! So fun
  • Options
    My step daughter and i are making sugar scrub cubes. From "my shower to yours". There are lots of good recipes on pintrest.
  • Options

I'm giving the bath and body works hand sanitizers. The new ones with yummy scents. Everyone loves them and they are so handy to have in a purse or car. Nothing too big, and I'm still sending thank you cards a week after.

My sister is doing this as well! The mini ones with a "Thank You" tag on them, they're so cute and definitely useful! I looked online today and they are on sale still, 5 sanitizers for $6, and free shipping.
  • Options
    oliarnmom1517oliarnmom1517 member
    edited September 2015
    crysgx said:

My sister is doing this as well! The mini ones with a "Thank You" tag on them, they're so cute and definitely useful! I looked online today and they are on sale still, 5 sanitizers for $6, and free shipping.

The "sale" is a permanent thing in most stores now even though the bottle changed.. My friend works at a bath and body works and she said it's a thing that they do all the time now they just take the sign down and change the look of it and put it back up when the scents change.. If you go into the store they will always be 5 for $6... I have like 30 bottles of them.. I have both bottles most of them the older ones but it's a sale tactic that makes them more money because you think it's temporary..

Edit because of words..
  • Options
    So many great ideas! I was thinking about little shower scrub jars as well..I'm not sure about the guys either. I like the beer idea but I think I might opt for the popcorn and candy things.
  • Options

crysgx said:

The "sale" is a permanent thing in most stores now even though the bottle changed.. My friend works at a bath and body works and she said it's a thing that they do all the time now they just take the sign down and change the look of it and put it back up when the scents change.. If you go into the store they will always be 5 for $6... I have like 30 bottles of them.. I have both bottles most of them the older ones but it's a sale tactic that makes them more money because you think it's temporary..

Edit because of words..
    Dang it!! Well they sure got me!! Lol
  • Options
    crysgx said:

crysgx said:

Edit because of words..
    Dang it!! Well they sure got me!! Lol

Why do you think I have 30 bottles!!! Lol but you have to buy 5 to get it and there are some stores that don't do it so just pay attention to the one you go to.. However if you go in the store they will usually have a sign saying 5 for $6 and then when the new scents come out the sign will change colors to advertise the new scents..