August 2015 Moms

Noooooooo

I JUST got LO to sleep in his Mamaroo chair, and our power went out, so it abruptly stopped moving. Now he's wide awake again :((

They are doing work in our neighborhood and this is the third time we've lost power this week. So annoying!! Thankfully it's only been for an hour or two each time. If my frozen milk thawed I'd have some choice words for the power company....

Re: Noooooooo

• I've had so many moments where something random happens to upset my day and I think "how do you not know I have babies???". When fireworks went off on the 4th of July I lamented that people are so rude and DH had to remind me that it's a national holiday that never bothered me until I had kiddos.
    Glad you got your power back! I'm glad your LO likes his chair! I almost bought one but was too paranoid that she might not like it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haha @emmacake08 I've also gotten crazy angry about fireworks waking my child! We live about 5km from a horse racing track, on the opposite side of a wide river with several suburbs in between.. It seems like every weekend night in summer they let off fireworks at about 10pm and despite the distance it is so friggin loud. When my DD was younger she slept very lightly and this would wake her. I would go into kill mode, haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Mamaroo is a freaking lifesaver! I want one on every floor of my house lol! If DS is fed, has a clean bum and is a bit dozy...I can put him in there turn it on and get ready to go out or get some stuff done around the house. I honestly don't know what I would do without it!! :-bd
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @emmacake08 @kettlekitten I actually called the cops twice on my neighbors last weekend for fireworks. I have 1 dog that is and anxiety case (like daily meds and lorazapam during Tstorms and fireworks), plus my niece who was in bed and a fussy hungry 1 month old. Whatever they were setting off was shaking my house and at 1 point, was so bright red I almost flew if the couch think my house was on fire (mind you DS was attached to my boob so that moment was not cool). If I had to call a 3rd time, I was getting state police involved. I live in MA and they are illegal here. I could here they were all drunk plus I know his wife uses pills so I can only image what else was going on. I love fireworks, but not at 10pm and that close to my house.