July 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY : Surrogacy

Would you do it? A friend of mine is in 2nd trimester with her surrogacy & I think it's wonderful.

I love the idea & I am thinking about it in the future after we are done with our bio-family. I'm a bit worried I'd get attached & have a hard time letting the baby go. H & I are taking it over. He's on the fence & that's ok.

How would you feel?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY : Surrogacy

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Major respect to anyone who decides to become a surrogate. I think that it's an amazing gift to give someone who cannot carry their own LO. But it's not for me. I'm struggling right now with the idea of doing it again for myself.
  • Options
    I think I could do it for a family member or a really close friend. I'm sure the worst part would be giving the baby to its parents. Pregnancy is a huge pain in the ass at times but it's a beautiful gift. My best friend has fertility issues & I offered for her but she says that's LAST resort for them.

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe. If I felt like my family was complete and none of the kids DNA would be mine. Maybe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    No, I wouldn't do it.  
  • Options
    I've seriously considered it and the more I think about it, the more I want to do it after I'm done with making my little family. DH won't let me, though. He doesn't think I could do it without becoming too attached to give the baby back.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would but with my history of loss and my age I don't think I would be a good candidate.
  • Options

Steps in from shadows...

:x

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would not be a surrogate, because if I ever do get to experience pregnancy I fully intend on parenting the baby I carry and birth. 

I think surrogates are wonderful, and a great option for those that can afford it and who are willing to do the emotional homework necessary for it to be successful and healthy for all those involved.

I have a friend who has been a surrogate at least once.  I'm not sure when this was, since she also has 5 kids under age 9.  I think it was somewhere in between her personal pregnancies.
  • Options
    I think I could but it would depend on the situation. I loved being pregnant but it was also with my own child. I think that would make a big difference in the equation.
  • Options
    I would do it once my family is complete.
  • Options
    Nope. I'm not allowed to do it due to my high risk pregnancies. Before I had my kids I said I would for my SIL who has struggled with IF for almost 20 years. But I can't. I think it's great but not an option. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I would do it for either one of my BFFs. We have been friends since birth, and we are also cousins.
  • Options
    I have actually looked into it because I had very easy pregnancies and deliveries, and for the right couple I think I could do it, but it would be hard not to become attached to the baby though. I think it's a wonderful thing.
    image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not for me but I support it 100% for anyone who is able/willing to.
  • Options
    I think it is wonderful, but I do not think I could do it. I could not imagine going through a pregnancy, feeling those kicks, and giving the baby away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No, for many reasons
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    I have considered doing it after I am done having my bio children, but am still on the fence.  On one hand, I love the idea behind it and being able to help a family would be amazing.  On the other hand, while I feel like me and hubby would be on board I would want to make sure the kids knew what was going on and they supported it too, and I don't know when that level of comprehension/maturity is achieved.

If/when I do it, it would have to be a donor egg, I think it would be healthier for me emotionally to not form as much of a connection with the child. 
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • Options
    I think it's a wonderful thing, but I honestly don't think I could do it.
  • Options
    I would do it. After my 2nd is born, I'll probably be 34 or 35 so I don't know if that's an issue.
  • Options
    I would with donor eggs and sperm for like 4 specific people, if they needed. For anyone else, probably not.
  • Options
    I admire those who do it but there's no freaking way I'd do it... I know myself and I wouldn't let the baby go... DNA doesn't mean anything to me, so if I carry the child it's my child, doesn't matter which cells were used for the start of the project :P I would 1) get depressed and ruin my current family life, or 2) get to court because I don't want to give the baby to her bio parents... no no for me...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options
    I don't think I could do it honestly...I think I'd be too attached. I think the only way I could do it was if I had sisters or brothers that would need/want something it -- but since I'm an only child that's not really an option ;) HUGE high five for people that do it though...truly amazing!

imageimageimage

• Options
    I would and plan to. I have signed with an agency and am waiting to be matched. It either makes sense for you or it doesn't. The women that do it can see the end goal of making a couple's dreams come true. To give them their own child that could not exist without the help of someone else. How lucky we all are he we don't have to look for someone else to carry our children. To get to look down into little eyes, at that little face and see pieces of yourself is so amazing but some couples simply can not carry their own child and have had many heartbreaking losses. The standard (gestational) surrogate has no biological relation to the child, the surrogate gets to know the parents and fully understands that she is the helper to making that couple a real family.
  • Options

Haven't posted on here in a while but I would for a close friend or family member I think.  It would be tough in a lot of aspects but to help someone like that would be incredible. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hi, I am in the process of becoming a gestational surrogate right now with a company out of Chicago IL, https://www.conceiveabilities.com So far the process has been really rewarding and easy. I have to say that when I first thought about being a surrogate it was something I couldn't see myself doing except maybe for a family member. But then after having my son and experiencing becoming a parent it really makes you think about how you could help someone out who isn't as lucky as you have been! The gift you are giving to someone is truly priceless and anyone who thinks about doing has to spend a lot of time thinking about all the risks and benefits! All the other surrogates I have met and talked to have nothing but positive things to say! Sara