September 2015 Moms

4cm today!!!! Induction scheduled for the 23rd.

So I'm 4 cm today was 1 last week. Doc doesn't think I'll make it to next week but I'm not holding my breath lol 23rd I have a scheduled induction. Anyone go through a scheduled Induction while dilated a little bit? Was it smoother? Easier?

Re: 4cm today!!!! Induction scheduled for the 23rd.

• That's awesome you're almost there ! When I was induced I was only at 1 so I can't tell you. But seems like it may go faster since you're already almost halfway there. You just need a kick start
  • I wasn't dilated at all when I was induced with my son and from the start of the induction (with a foley bulb and then pitocin) to the time I delivered was 12 hours 15 minutes. With induction it's really hard to judge how long it will take. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Awesome that your that far along already....I'm hoping I find out I've dilated more since last Thursday.....I have my induction set for the 23rd to deliver by the 24th as they have me go in around 10 pm the day before!!
  • I just keep wondering when these contractions will strike consistently enough to head to hospital. lol Of course not looking forward to them but sure am anxious to meet my baby.
  • I just keep wondering when these contractions will strike consistently enough to head to hospital. lol Of course not looking forward to them but sure am anxious to meet my baby.

Mine are going on 3 weeks now :(. 4 cm, 90% effaced. Waiting...
  • Hope it's soon for you!!!! Hopefully doc is right and it'll be any day now. But if not I do have. 14 day countdown.
  • I don't have experience like that, but I can tell you after tomorrow! I was high and closed last week and as of today I'm 4. They're inducing me tomorrow morning. My due date is not for another 5 days, but with my history of a big baby arriving early, they don't want to push it with this one.
    Here's to hoping natural progression continues for both of us! I'd really like to avoid too much "assistance" in getting things going.
  • I was dilated to 4 cm and having contractions when I went to the hospital. My contractions were not strong enough to make any changes. They decided to induce me since I was there. They started with an enema and breaking my water. They wanted to see if either of those would jump start labor before they administered pit. They did the enema at 11:15 am and that changed me to 5 cm. They broke my water about an hr later at 12:25 pm. My DD was born just over an hr later at 1:48pm. I never had to have the pit.
  • Thanks mommies!!!! 13 days to induction and ???? If he comes on his own:)