March 2016 Moms
Options

Having a rough time!

vickyonformvickyonform member
edited September 2015 in March 2016 Moms
This is my first pregnancy and it's been nothing but hell if I'm honest!
I've been suffering from sever morning sickness, headaches constantly, hair falling out, lower back pain, memory loss, breathlessness, bloated, upset stomach, weight loss, aching joints, exhausted all the time, sleep constantly, I really hope it starts to get better soon because it's all really getting me down at the moment. I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and have my first scan tomorrow which I'm so scared about in case something is wrong :(
Think I just needed to let off some steam!! Lol

Re: Having a rough time!

• Options
    Hopefully you feel better soon. You're hitting the second trimester shortly which is when many women find they feel their best! Good luck at your ultrasound!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

This is my first pregnancy and it's been nothing but hell if I'm honest!
    I've been suffering from sever morning sickness, headaches constantly, hair falling out, lower back pain, memory loss, breathlessness, bloated, upset stomach, weight loss, aching joints, exhausted all the time, sleep constantly, I really hope it starts to get better soon because it's all really getting me down at the moment. I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and have my first scan tomorrow which I'm so scared about in case something is wrong :(
    Think I just needed to let off some steam!! Lol

Hope scan goes well and you start to feel better soon!! Second trimester is meant to be better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds terrible but hopefully you are near the end of those symptoms and having the scan might cheer you up a lot! Good luck. And tell your dr if symptoms don't let up, maybe medication or other changes are needed.
  • Options
    I started feeling better around 13 weeks. My doctor says most women start to feel better by 16 weeks. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    I hope you feel better soon! Pregnancy really is hard on so many levels. We are exposed to so many positive images of pregnancy and 'the blissful mama,' but it's all a load of crap if you ask me!! Second trimester should feel better for you, and just know that we are all here for you! Hope the scan goes well. Seeing the baby always helps my symptoms subside, even if just for a moment :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is my first bub too & I had all of your symptoms also up until 11 weeks it was horrendous I literally felt like I was dying at times , but hang in there because right at 11+5 it all went away & now I'm enjoying my pregnancy FINALLY , I'm now currently almost 15 weeks & have just started feeling little flutters of movement , so hang in there it does get better :)
  • Options
    I'm at almost 14 weeks now. But I had pretty much same first trimester as you. Horrible. Some things I found that helped. Prenatal chiropractic helped lower back pain. Ginger chew candies "gin gins", helped with naseaua. I found antioxidants helped with headaches; I took proflavanol from Usana which is basically a grape seed extract. and then I just slept a lot. It's starting to get better now so there is a light at the end of the tunnel to look forward to soon.
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and I have had all of the same symptoms as you and just as horrible! At my 12 week appointment I listed all of my symptoms and how awful I feel and my doctor literally said "good, I'm glad you feel like crap that's a good thing". She said it's a good indicator that hormones are high and working. Every time I vomit I am grateful (after I feel sorry for myself of course). Also, my US was fine and my blood work came back negative for abnormalities. (: I'll be thinking of you! I am sure everything will be fine!
  • Options
    Definitely normal for a lot of women. Not to be a downer but I never got the relief in second tri, or even third tri for that matter, with my first. Nothing pissed me off more than being sick every single day and hearing people say, "but you're out of first tri, you should be feeling fine now!"

I'm feeling like you again this time around too, fingers crossed we actually get dine relief! It's hard but it is totally worth it!
  • Options
    Don't worry you will start to feel better soon, when you see everything is fine at ultrasound and when you start to do some shopping for the baby and making the nursery room... Lots of fun will come at this stage it is normal just hold on, don't forget that you are lucky enough to grow a human inside of you :)
  • Options
    I think the first trimester is the absolute worst, and no one really told me that before I became pregnant with my first. Movies and pop culture love to poke fun at the puking and morning sickness, but it's so much more/worse than that. You don't look pregnant yet, just chubbier, and many women are still trying to keep it a secret, so you get no sympathy from the world. The extreme, debilitating exhaustion is not something you can just power through, either.

If you're lucky, it gets much much better during the second trimester. But not every woman is lucky that way, which is seriously just some sort of cruel joke played by nature. Evil.
  • Options
    FTM as well-ditto to everything. Plus I've fallen into a major depression (I am being monitored) that just adds to the whole "screw whoever said pregnancy was a blissful time" feeling.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3