May 2016 Moms

First scan soon

edited September 2015 in May 2016 Moms
Im 5 weeks and 4 days and I'm wondering am I the only one Who is worried that when I go for my first scan they won't find a heartbeat. My best friend carried all the way to her scan at 12 weeks only to find her baby died at 7 weeks and she carried it for a additional 5 weeks still getting nausea still feeling bloated still getting sore boobs basically still feeling pregnant. Her body just hadn't recognised it had passed so never started the movements to pass it naturally :-SS :-SS X_X :(

Re: First scan soon

• Yes, I am very worried as I had 2 losses last year. I wish there was a guarantee that we could all have healthy babies! I am taking each day at a time, placing this pregnancy in God's hands, and doing my best to provide a safe place for baby to grow (eating healthy, prenatals, rest, etc).
    I will also add for general knowledge that you don't want to get your 1st scan too early. Sometimes when they tell you baby has no heartbeat it is because it is earlier in pregnancy than you thought, and if you check back in a few weeks there is a nice, strong heartbeat (this happened to a friend, who was very glad she waited and did not schedule d&c as suggested! )
  • I know just so scared. I have a 12 year old daughter and have suffered 7 miscarriages since having her. And this is amazing just so so so worried. I've not even spoke to my midwife yet she just keeps fobbing me off till I'm at least 12 weeks. Then she will have me at my doctors for a appointment then I have to wait for my scan to come through. Here in England they don't seem to see the need to reassure moms. Because I've already had a child they think I know it when quite frankly massive amounts have changed. I mean one of my friends uses stuff I've never seen before. Her son is 4 now!! A lot more seems to be on offer than 12 years ago
  • Loading the player...
  • DanandVan said:
    I will also add for general knowledge that you don't want to get your 1st scan too early. Sometimes when they tell you baby has no heartbeat it is because it is earlier in pregnancy than you thought, and if you check back in a few weeks there is a nice, strong heartbeat (this happened to a friend, who was very glad she waited and did not schedule d&c as suggested! )

This. I'm probably going to skip the first u/s anyway but my doc won't do a scan until 8 weeks for this reason.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I'm going for my first scan today. I'm just over 6 weeks. I'm literally sick to my stomach I'm so nervous. I know that it's out of my hands, but I feel like that almost makes it worse!! :/ Wishing all you ladies the best- and keep your fingers crossed for me today!!
  • KKMalinowskiKKMalinowski member
    edited September 2015
    I'm hoping my Dr does a scan tomorrow! I may not survive emotionally without one . I'm a pediatric intensive care nurse and all I can think about is everything that can go wrong...
  • @KKMalinowski all anonymity aside- I think I was in nursing school briefly with your sister...? Did you used to live in Charleston?
  • @kmcchs Nope!! And I'm the only one of my siblings or my husbands that's a nurse.... also my username is my married name LOL. And I'm from Texas.
  • @KKMalinowski Oh! My bad-- haha. You look just like her. And she was a peds nurse, too. Pregnant nurses unite!! I'm pretty sure it's making me more paranoid although I work with adults. Haha =;
  • KKMalinowskiKKMalinowski member
    edited September 2015
    @kmcchs No joke!!! Try working with ALL the sick kids that the moms did nothing wrong!! Maybe I need to go work in the nursery...
  • Just had my first scan-- thought I was around 6-6.5 weeks. (Hard to tell BC I had long cycles and unsure of O date). Saw gestational sac and yolk sac. OB thinks I'm 5-5.5 wks along. Made another appointment to see her again on the 22nd!
  • I have mine in Monday and I'm so nervous!! This is my first pregnancy and I have no idea what to expect. I'll be 6wks 6 days then and am hoping for a strong heartbeat!