October 2015 Moms

What are you sick of hearing?

13»

Re: What are you sick of hearing?

• I'm sick of hearing my a few people in my life compare their pregnancies to mine. I was EXTREMELY sick the first four months (like lying on the floor I thought I had food poisoning) but I was too scared to take morning sickness pills because they could put the baby at risk. and my MIL and SIL made fun of me. My MIL would be like "well my daughter went through school and just dealt with it." Alittle while after that we found out we were having twins. So the intense morning sickness made sense. Double the hormones, double the pain! They apologized after. Now I'm 36 weeks with my baby girls (the equivalent of a 12 pound baby) and I'm only 4' 11" . My sister (who just had a baby girl 6 months ago) keeps saying she understands what I'm going through whenever she asks me how I'm feeling. It really friggin erks me.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a FTM and I'm sick of being told "you're so big!" and ""you're so small!" I'm like which is it?! I guess it's all in the clothes I wear but come on people. The doctor says I'm 33 weeks 3 days and then measures me right at 33 weeks 3 days. Next time I go in 34 weeks 2 days and I measure 34 weeks 2 days. I'm so sick of people telling me I'm not doing this right. It's my first time and from my conversations with my doctor I'm doing exactly what I'm suppose to be doing. If you're going to comment on my size you'd better have a MD behind your name cause I'm over it!
  • People acting like I'm taking advantage of being pregnant! I sweep everything under the rug so when someone asks me "how are you feeling/ doing?" I say, "I'm doing well, thanks, how are YOU?" even when I'm running on 45 minutes of sleep due to insomnia, in intense pain and verging on another panic attack. I went to a concert and it was all standing room only from 5-11 but they did set up about 20 chairs for disabled who wanted to rest for a bit. The lady monitoring saw how pregnant I am and also knew that I was out of state and needed this baby to stay put and said that I'm fine to sit there whenever I need to and since there was no one else sitting and I wasn't taking a seat away from someone who really needed it I sat whenever I could because you know what... I'M IN PAIN! Well some 20 something tried to sit and was told she couldn't and turned to me and said "what... being pregnant is a disability now?" I wanted to punch her in the throat. I don't use pregnancy to get out of anything and about 95% of the time I am over pushing myself to make life easier for every single person around me yet any time I accept the TINIEST amount of assistance I'm accused of taking advantage of my situation. I HATE PEOPLE! 
  • I'm a FTM and I'm sick of being told "you're so big!" and ""you're so small!" I'm like which is it?! I guess it's all in the clothes I wear but come on people. The doctor says I'm 33 weeks 3 days and then measures me right at 33 weeks 3 days. Next time I go in 34 weeks 2 days and I measure 34 weeks 2 days. I'm so sick of people telling me I'm not doing this right. It's my first time and from my conversations with my doctor I'm doing exactly what I'm suppose to be doing. If you're going to comment on my size you'd better have a MD behind your name cause I'm over it!

Agreed!!!! I'm about to put a nasty comment on the next thread about "am I in labor?!" Or "is this a contraction?!" This is the friggin Bump not your doctors answering service or labor and delivery. Please ask them. And if you have to ask if you should be calling your doctor about something this late in your pregnancy the answer is probably yes. Call your doctor. Don't jump on the Internet.

Sorry. End rant.

~X(

• Agreed!!!! I'm about to put a nasty comment on the next thread about "am I in labor?!" Or "is this a contraction?!" This is the friggin Bump not your doctors answering service or labor and delivery. Please ask them. And if you have to ask if you should be calling your doctor about something this late in your pregnancy the answer is probably yes. Call your doctor. Don't jump on the Internet.

Sorry. End rant.

~X(

I hate this too. If you are concerned enough to take the time to make a brand new thread, you probably should just call your doctor.
  • The huge comments would get to me too but I am so tired of the "You're so tiny! Are you sure you're even pregnant or are you just tricking everyone? Are you sure you're 36 weeks?" Yes, I am sure I am 36 weeks. I've been counting down this whole time. Yes I might not have a huge baby bump but I am measuring perfectly normal at all of my appointments. Unless I have a small alien in there moving & rolling, I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant. I have no control over how my body chose to carry a baby. All I know is she is healthy, I am healthy, & I am beyond ready to not be pregnant anymore lol.
  • "How are you feeling?"

Let's see achy tired crampy cranky, generally miserable.

"I'm feeling great thanks."