Babies on the Brain

All The Single Ladies...

Hi all,

Just introducing myself. I am a planning to start the journey to single motherhood next year. My friends are supportive, my family thinks I'm crazy. But regardless, I'll be 37 and there's no Mr. Right in sight so I'm taking charge. I've got some issues with the old plumbing, so we'll see if I can ever get pregnant at all, but I have an appointment with an RE in January already scheduled. In the meantime I'm focused on getting healthy and getting my house in order literally and figuratively.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Re: All The Single Ladies...

• Hi and welcome!!! What a great adventure you are in for. There are so many ladies here that will cheer you on from day one..I am one of them! Can't wait to hear your journey and keep us updated.
  • I second everything HookEmNelson says! Welcome to the board! I'm currently tracking my cycles (read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you haven't already!) so that I have some data to bring to my OBGYN at my pre-conception visit and then also to help if I have trouble getting pregnant. It's never too early to start (as long as you're not on BC, that would mess with your temps).
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi and welcome! You will find so many great resources on here to help you through your journey. It's also great having a bunch of ladies to talk to when you're down or just want to talk. Best of luck to you!
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • MrsRo731 said:
    Hi and welcome! You will find so many great resources on here to help you through your journey. It's also great having a bunch of ladies to talk to when you're down or just want to talk. Best of luck to you!
    omg I love you (GIF)

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to getting to know people!
  • BlueBirdMBBlueBirdMB member
    edited August 2015
    Good luck to you! :)
  • Welcome and best wishes on your TTC journey!
  • Im in that boat, let's row together. I'm planning for a June/ July conception. Although Im thoroughly nervous, Im incredibly excited for this journey. My biggest concern now is finding the right donor. Oh and getting in shape, thats an uphill battle. What prenatals do you plan on taking jdhowatwo?
  • @cececarlee I have some (a lot) of weight to lose myself. Trying to get back on the wagon. I'm taking a Target prenatal right now but it doesn't have DHA so I think I'll switch when these run out. So glad to find someone else on the same journey. Good luck to us both!
  • this is so inspiring to me. such strong, independent, take it into your own hands women. good luck to you both on your journeys. i would be so interested to hear your stories and experiences. i love this so much. and welcome to the board!
    houston, tx. eharmony 7.3.11. married 3.7.15. oilfield wife.