May 2016 Moms
Options

Is anyone else going through antidepressant withdrawal?

qtpi145qtpi145 member
edited September 2015 in May 2016 Moms
i have been on some form of psychotropic medication for 20 years. Before I found out I was pregnant, I was taking 100mg of Luvox (OCD as well) and 450 mg of Wellbutrin. My psychiatrist decided to drop the Luvox completely and lower the Wellbutrin to 300 mg, at least for the first trimester. Even though I'm still on some meds, I'm having awful withdrawal, really nearly unbearable. I feel so dizzy, nauseas,brain snaps, weird whooshing sensation, feverish, and overall like I have the flu. I'm so afraid I'm going to feel this way for the next 9 months and won't get to enjoy my pregnancy at all

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    Thanks for responding! He didn't wean me off because he said I wouldn't get any symptoms since I'm still on the Wellbutrin. I do have a therapist but to be honest, and I guess this is a good thing, I'm not having any emotional problems coming off of it, just the physical.
  • Options
    I would be concerned. I'm on Citalopram or Celexa 20 mg, and my Dr said it was okay to stay on it. I'd be a mess, and in fact, probably wouldn't have tried for a 3rd, if I had to.go off of it. It makes me really sick if I miss more than 2 days pills.